For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Jorge_Camacho's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 20th, 2014 5:39 AM

Help with Next Plan

So i normaly pay $15 a month for a phone right.Now if i buy a phone with a 2 year contract for $200 and pay $15 a month for 24 months. In total it will be $560. With thenext plan i will pay $27.09 more on top of the $15 so in total of is $42.09.Now that Payment for 24 months will be $1008 now unless am wroung with somting this seems like a bad deal.Help

Scholar

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

@Jorge_Camacho wrote:

So i normaly pay $15 a month for a phone right.Now if i buy a phone with a 2 year contract for $200 and pay $15 a month for 24 months. In total it will be $560. With thenext plan i will pay $27.09 more on top of the $15 so in total of is $42.09.Now that Payment for 24 months will be $1008 now unless am wroung with somting this seems like a bad deal.Help

The way the Next installment plan works is that you pay an equipment fee monthly + your monthly plan fee until you pay off the full retail price or you do another Next upgrade.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Jorge_Camacho wrote:

Most of the "$15 plans" are actually $40 plans with a $25 discount. You no longer qualify for the discount if you take advantage of a discounted upgrade, so the total in the first scenario would likely be $1160.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

If you get the 2 year contract phone, that $15 per month you are currently paying will increase to $40 per month. The real cost of that phone is 24 x 40 + 200 + 36 (upgrade fee) = 1196.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

10 years ago

You are not describing the Next plan.

One way or another, you pay for the phone AND service AND data plan.
You have options on how that is done.

1. You pay $200 up front for a subsidized phone and $40 PLUS the GB of data per month for a 2 year plan.
2. You pay taxes on the phone up front and a monthly installment under the Edge plan and either $25 per month for service for data plans less than 10 GB, or $15 a month for service for 10 GB or more PLUS the cost of the data plan.
3. You can pay up front for your phone at full retail, either at AT&T store, or elsewhere if you like. You can then use the edge program at either $25 or $15 per month PLUS the cost of data plan.

I repeat You will pay for BOTH the PHONE and the SERVICE. You don't get something for free, you NEVER did.
If you go on the AT&T website it has a calculator so you can add up a service, data and phone cost to get an approximate monthly bill before taxes.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T released this new website that allows you to compare the cost of the phone  vs the cost of the plans/service, including if AT&T  Next vs contract.

www.attcalc.com/next

Just hit Calculate-the-Value, put in which mobileshare value plan you have, and which phone, and calculate-the-value button. Make sure you hit the 24 month view and  . ..  Ta-da.

-Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.