The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Help for account, billing & more
SIRKCUT's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Fri, Jan 25, 2019 2:44 PM

HELP! I wasn't sold the best wireless plan avaliable and need assistance getting this resolved.

I purchased an AT&T Homebase wireless home phone and internet on 10/20/2017. On this day, I also switched 4 Sprint phone plans over to AT&T. I asked for everything to be put on the unlimited data plan. Soon after I started receiving overage charges on my monthly bills for the usage on the homebase. I realized that the unlimited part of the plan was referring to unlimited talk and that the data limit was 250G. I called AT&T and visited the store multiple times about this mistake and was told repeatedly that the plan wasn't available anymore. Thanks to a friend of mine that was concerned with how I was being treated I have a screenshot of an internal AT&T memo that shows the unlimited plan I asked for was still available until 10/28/2017. The salesman in the store made a mistake and put the homebase on a stand alone plan. I have been in the store and emailed customer service representatives with the screenshot showing the error was made and that the plan was available and inquired as to why I wasn't offered the best available plan at the time,(especially a plan that I requested). I seem to be getting the runaround. I was contacted by an AT&T customer service rep that simply said it is too late and he cannot help but did offer a 1 month credit. I told him I appreciated that offer but that wasn't going to resolve it. Several escalation cases and clarity cases have been opened but those don't seem to be helping. I spent all morning in the store yesterday waiting on the manager to come out of the back and speak with me. Finally they took my number and told me she would call me yesterday and never heard from anyone. The customer support team tells me to go to the store and have them fix it  because it was their mistake but the store tells me to go through customer service and talk to the loyalty department. Looking for advise as to how to proceed and keep this process moving.

ACE - Sage

• 

92K Messages

3 y ago

More than a year later?   

You do understand At&t has every right to limit what they sell you right?   

Are you paying for a plan that is stated as a 250 mb plan?   Yes?   Then you have nothing to fix.  

Since it’s a stand alone plan, you can seek a replacement with another carrier if you like.  

Btw, you got this:   https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/atts-wireless-home-phone-internet-rural-plan-250gb-for-60month/

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

The dates are very important because the plan I requested was still available when I purchased the equipment. I was told by AT&T they always offer the best plan available. So you are saying this is not the case??Yes it has been over a year of this process, calling customer support and paying overages every month because of a small mistake at the beginning. Thanks for telling me what I have. I am well aware of that. 

ACE - Sage

• 

92K Messages

3 y ago

The plan you requested, and didn’t get, no longer exists, so you can’t get it.   

It’s always up to us customers to check our order, the plan and the bill and make sure we got what we wanted.  

ACE - Sage

• 

92K Messages

3 y ago

Okay, did more looking around.

The unlimited offer was phased out during the Unlimited Plus offer.  

The rural offer was not in all areas or states.  

If your area had a DSL or other wired option, then this offer was not open to you.  

I cannot find a firm date on when the offer started and ended.  

Sorry, that’s all I got so far.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

Yes my home is in a rural area. Few if any other options exist.

AT&T should be able to go back and hear my conversations with them about the plan being wrong. It still shows up on my account as

AT&T Unlimited. Once you click on that then it shows unlimited talk and 250 G data.... somewhat misleading. Thanks for your help.

dosbirn

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

3 y ago

ATT/DirecTV did the SAME thing to us in 09/2017!  They sold us a bundled package with a limited internet data plan of 250gb.  What a freakin nightmare this has been!  And the billing errors were HORRENDOUS for months!  Sooo many calls to ATT and DirecTV!  So many billing errors never corrected.  And they also told us several times that our package didn't exist (within months of selling it to us).  NOW, we find out that the DirecTV issue we've had since 09/2017 is because ATT internet is NOT compatible with DirecTV's needs.  Yet when you call ATT & they run a speed test, they say our speed is fine.  DirecTV service rep says it's not (as of today).  Who is responsible for this mess?!  Shame on ATT and DirecTV!

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.