Need help understanding your bill?
Erikjondun's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 18th, 2018 6:10 AM

Hearing impaired person trying to reach ATT Fraud Dept.......

Hello, I am hearing impaired and found out today that someone had taken a uverse and att cell account out in my name, now with fraudulent charges showing due of over 2K.  I have been given about 5 numbers and emails specifically for their department and still cannot reach them.

I now consider this to be an emergency situation, not only because I have obvsiously been hacked somehow, but also because this illegal and I cannot afford those type bills put in my name without my authorization.

My point being please now - would an AT&T Manager or Expert either that works in the fraud department please email me immediately?  Or at least relay to me what their emails are, possibly a TTY number?  Send me a private message and I will reply with my actual personal email.

Thanks and have a good night.

Erik

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a true emergency on my hands.  Someone has gotten in my ATT cell account, my UVERSE account, plus took out business services in my name.  I cannot reach the fraud departments and I'm not going to hold 2-3 hours on the phone, sorry.  I want an AT&T expert/manager to tell me what their direct email is - I MUST get a hold of someone TODAY - no exceptions.  If I can't get through somehow this AM, then this PM I am filing formal FCC complaints.  This is illegal activity with my name/SSN and it is AT&T's duty to service these issues immediately.  Thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

6 years ago

File a police report.  This is identy theft.  

I will flag someone in CS and they will contact you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you very much.  Already contacted the police but they insist the next step is for AT&T to fix the security issues in my accounts immediately - change/fix whatever they must.  These criminals have already run these fraud accounts up to near 3000$ in charges.  And then to not be able to get a hold of fraud for 3 days has just about done me in totally.  So thank you for flagging someone in fraud - they can email me direct, Erik [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] Thanks again.

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

6 years ago

@erikjondu

This is is a public forum.  You will get a private message in the envelope above, right.  

In most cases, the security problem is pervasive.  Lockdown your email accounts with 2 step authorization, add any extra security offered.  ATT offers the passcode on top of your alphanumeric password.   

The police may have already given you a plan.   https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0009_identitytheft_a_recovery_plan.pdf

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

6 years ago

I will send up a bat signal for you.  Fraud will contact you by PM (envelope at top right). 

Your first stop with identity theft should be the police. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

6 years ago

If someone else happens upon this post, for their references AT&T's TTY number is 866.241.6567

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.