For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
W

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 6:29 PM

Closed

Hacker using APN, nxtgenphone, ATTNextgenphone, Sandbox, Access - Point Names, MAC IP address - on my account

My Pre-paid account has been hacked by someone using APN - IP Address Provider, nxtgenphone, ATTNextgenphone, nobile virtual network operator v, using MAC IP address. Using Mirror Link - I have the device ID#. This person has hacked into my AT&T account and gained access to my phone, chromebook, asus memo pad & smart t.v. Is using recording/listening devices - making videos of my family. Controls my phone - Samsung Galaxy S6, by not only recording/tracing all my calls/texts, ect., but also disconnecting calls I am making. Like when I try to call AT&T, my calls were all disconnected. I borrowed my friend's phone to call. I'm on a friend's computer now.

Hacker has access to all my email accounts & who knows what else.

I went to AT&T store and changed my account to a new one and got a new cell number - did no good. I also helped my roommate change their routing number, because I use their routing id for internet access - did no good.

When I change passwords, he/she goes right behind me and gets back in to whatever account I was working on.

Hacker seems to be a developer. Adding lots of apps to my account in that area & I find lots of code that is added on my phone for recording us at home and then letting people sign in for "viewing pleasure".

Has anyone had an issue like this. Any guidance?

I feel my only answer is to close AT&T account and go with a new provider -

I would really appreciate any advice!

• 

194 Messages

4 years ago

Um, call the police!?

Honestly, I find your story really hard to believe, but if it is true, it is a criminal matter.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

agree, this is a police matter

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Any updates? I think I'm going through the same thing...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 years ago

99.9999% of all hacked complaints are the account on your phone, as in Google, iTunes etc.    Secure your email. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Someone hacked the APN on mine. @ATDoesntCare may find a lot of "stories" hard to believe. @Why_Just_Why has a very real story. I had a Samsung Galaxy with a different provider get hacked via the keypad. It was a known weakness/backdoor that allowed those bad actors to redirect phone calls, operate the cam remotely, same with the mic, track the phone, you name it.

A common APN for AT&T is : NXTGENPHONE. For some reason mine was showing that and my data went "poof" in about 2 weeks. Weirdest one was at 5am a 500+ MB download but I was sleeping and auto-update is off on my LG Phoenix 4. The one thing that got my attention was my data was reading 4G instead of LTE. Resetting the APN to "default" fixed the data to LTE again.

What else is jacked? Not sure but I will find out. When you live in a small town or develop enemies (for whatever reason, sometimes enemies are because you did the right thing), hacking your electronics is the first thing they do.

My advice to this OP is get rid of the Samsung, because they really have poor security. I had an S6, keypad hack got deployed. Every Samsung I had was compromised "hands off" somehow. Most likely why the OP continues to be hacked in every way is that Samsung device.

Want more security? Dump social media, all of it. Social engineering is the number one way for hackers to gain info. Change every password to a "strong" type: like 5 random numbers, word of 5-8 letters using a cap and one special character, followed by 5 random numbers. You could use the same set of numbers at the beginning and end to make remembering easier without compromising security. Store no password on anything. Use 2 factor authorization on everything, even game accounts. Trust pretty much no one. 

If that sounds lonely or extreme, this world is extreme. Look at how unsecure social media is, email, and more. Don't use voice activated shopping devices, don't broadcast your WIFI name on your router, try to use hard wired connections for home computing. Never let anyone touch your phone, unless it's your mom, even then think it through. Girlfriends/boyfriends can install malware out of insecurity or other reasons. Your phone is much like your wallet, diary, just a wealth of personal stuff that should be private as can be. 

Finally, reload a fresh copy of your OS on your PC/laptop after resetting your router or buying a new one, like I did. Set the firewall super tight, no remote anything or sharing of files, printers, nothing. Make sure your IP is fresh before you go online for the first time. 

My life was hacked probably way worse than this OP's. I went through 5 PC's, 3 were custom built by me. A file less malware was installed onto the SPI on 3 that were Intel based. Crazy stuff. Built 2 new PC's, used AMD CPU's so no "ME" to get hacked, new motherboard in the one Intel and Windows 10 20H2, with really tight firewall settings, changed ISP's. Finally sorta free, until this APN discovery this month. Yes, I am a "high value target" so to speak to some.

I can tell you changing cell phone providers will not save anyone from this type of targeting. Local police will do nothing but find you a tin foil hat. You can try reporting it to the IC3 division of the FBI, like I did. You'll most likely never know the outcome. The regular FBI is a good place to just log a complaint too. Eventually things will begin to change or they'll contact you for any evidence you might have. Hang onto old devices, hard drives, components for at least 5 years. In my state, only the State Police can try to investigate certain internet crimes. IC3/FBI are the best bets. Internet Crime Complaint Center(IC3) | Home Page  Best of luck! 

• 

159 Messages

3 years ago

Just because you don’t know how to use it, doesn’t mean you’ve been hacked.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I don't know how much anyone has figured out how to fix this crap but i figured out I believe off Quora me searching knowing I'm hacked I won't say how or why or when where I can say without a doubt I'm hacked I just want it to stop or like be able and idk provide a couple words or whatever towards the ones doing it to let them be aware and know i know how and i can do it whatever I decide to let it be enough I don't care about the reason why it's irrelevant when it is wrong there isn't any excuse except to be mean or not nice or very considerate of someone else when me I'm just as honest and open as a sailor pooping in a porta potty with no doors In the middle of a pond in the biggest boat that one could fit on 4th of July and the grand finale fire works are sitting directly next to my naked (Edited per community guidelines) is how much I don't care to inform share or let someone be apart of my life or whatever if someone wants my p(Edited per community guidelines)word to my fb if they ask idc who it is they can have it im grown and i don't do (Edited per community guidelines) wrong so if someone wants to be in my life they don't need to be doing it that way it's not ok and I'm insulted and find it comical sort of but it's disappointing and i feel bad like they lie about doing it then laugh at me like I'm dumb because I can not infact stop em or know how they are do it or who all is and i mean whatever has been seen and whatever i think i got right to hear like what the big laugh is for and who all knows and an apology but idk i found on Quora CISSP CERTIFICATE PROGRAM Y'ALL LOOK IT UP AND READ INTO IT ITS HACKERS USING VERIZON AND SOME *# CODES ITS RIDICULOUS i cant teach anyone I'm not good at being teacher I'm not sure how it all works but I'm trying to figure it out hope this helps God bless and i pray whatever and who ever it is doing it just stops it can't be erased but maybe it can be idk made to stop like putting a shield on and least holding a sword wether it's intended to use or not least u aren't totally defenseless

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I could write a book about the last 4 years that have been a nightmare. I finally got to a point where I was able to actually make a call that went to the intended party. Experian  and life lock. I can tell you on my life and my word because my word is all I have and lying serves zero purpose. I have no friends not from around here and aftert my stroke a long lost kid 10 years younger just started calling every single day for hours and hours. Mind you I left ama because I was facing life on a vent far away from mom or just enough therapy to learn to write my name and feed myself. My cheerleader who called my mom when I was on life support and were honest average people. Went from great standing loyal for about a decade direct TV longer to finding out the only person who I was skeptical about SHREDDED through my mom to Me and went again on her. Our home was paid savings  good credit to  every account compromised  my dear chrsrk

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.