Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 9:49 AM

Hacked cell phone

I have changed my cell phones 3 times since December 24, 2019. Created 4 new email addresses. Changed passwords multiple times on all accounts. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have deleted all back ups on my phone and have done factor reset. I have also changed my phone number. But yet I my phone still gets hacked. My data use is through the roof and has been since October 2019. I shut my data off at at night and put on Air Plane mode. But in the morning data is still being used in the middle of the night. Now I have no access to 1 of my emails that is tied to AT&T and Facebook ONLY because passwords have been changed. I no longer have access to Facebook as a result. The data use for the number I cancelled/changed (Phone number hidden)) on January 4th shows the data use that is through the roof however the number I am using now is low for the month if January. I have ONLY 1 cell phone/number on my plan. I WILL MAKE IT CLEAR I DO NOT HAVE MULTIPLE LINES ON MY PLAN. I have over 200 phone numbers as well as odd numbers calling or appearing on my bill. Even if I block them and they still appear. I have reported them through the AT&T 7726 SPAM. I have talked to POLICE, FBI, FTC FCC, I registered my number on the National Do Not Call REGISTRY and also spoke with Samsung. They all say the same thing. The only people that have much access would be your cell phone carrier. I have been a customer of At&t since 2001 and have NEVER had this many problems of which I am experiencing now. Everyone I have talked to has advised me to leave and go to another carrier. However I am giving AT&T the benefit of the doubt and I have always been happy with your service. I am asking you to figure out WHO is hacking my phone, changed my passwords, playing games, downloading games on my phone. Accessing the AT&T REMOTE SUPPORT AND THE AT&T PRO TECH without my permission. Please reply back to me.

Sincerely,
Donnell [Last name removed for privacy]

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

4 weeks ago

Without being too rude, it is impossible to do as you have written.
What phone do you have?

I think what you think is "hacking" is not.

Much of what you complain, is normal function. Data use is not reported live. It takes several hours for data that you use during the day to be posted to your online account. Unlike talk and text, which is recorded at the date and time of your call or text, data is recorded at the time AT&T posts it to your account, not when it was actually used, but often most posts overnight, when phones are not using mobile data.

AT&T reports data usage in kilobytes, which is an extremely small measure of data. While the numbers may seem huge, its a tiny amount of data.

The other complaint seems to be about spam and robocalls. If you are blocking them they may go to voicemail. Or they may be terminated before you even pick up the phone. But the phone numbers are still showing a completed call on your usage report. This is not hacking, it's normal.

I'm not sure how often things like different software, games Etc are appearing on your phone, perhaps after a software update?

Current smartphones are not easily hacked remotely. And certainly not after you have changed phone numbers, and emails. Typically what you are talkin about would require physical access to the phone. So unless someone is sneaking into your dwelling, it is extremely unlikely

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

I have a Samsung Note 10. I am being hacked. Every person I have talked to said the same thing you just said and I would agree. But once I explain in detail showed the documention I have been keeping they quickly changed their opinion and agreed with me. However I have lost all access to an email that is tied to only AT&T and FACEBOOK. Passwords have been changed and all of my 2 step verification codes and trusted contacts from Facebook have been removed from my account. My 2 step verification code from my email that I receive 1 is from google which doesn't recognize my phone number for me to type in the code and the other code comes from (Phone number hidden). I have blocked and reported this number everyday for weeks but it still has access to my phone, email and txt. There is a lot of information I left out of my original comment of what I have been experiencing but have documented and relayed that information to law enforcement. I want this identity theft, hacking nightmare to end.

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

You refer to a specific number? As in a phone number? That is accessing your phone and account?

Might be time to switch carriers and to a flip phone or blackberry

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.