We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
Need help understanding your bill?
H

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jun 9, 2020 5:19 PM

Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan, stolen from me by shady tactics of AT$T!

They suspended my account shorty after placing account on vacation hold. When I tried to fix the proplem, a coustomer service person I spoke with over the phone lied to me about what my time frame was to take care of it all. I want to see if anyone has advice on how to get my plan back. Has anyone been succsesful in getting a grandfathered plan back, or do I need to take AT&T to court?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

2 years ago

Escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. What grandfathered plan?

• 

3 Messages

@sandblaster it was an unlimited data plan that I was put on when I bought the iPhone the day it went on seal, I believe! They have been trying to get me off the plan for years and finally did when I put account on vacation hold. Received a strange email a couple of weeks after putting account on vacation hold explaning my email is no longer associated with wireless account. The email didn’t explain as to why it was no longer associated. When I called, was due to a past due amount on an account I no longer had. Even if I owed money, I should have received a notice that if I don’t tak care of the account, it will be suspended,. But I didn’t get a notice, only after account was suspended!

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

If you're still on the original unlimited plan from 2007, you're paying too much. While what they did isn't right, in the long run, getting you onto a current plan is doing you a favor.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Why is it doing me a favor? Also why does this forum cause my iPad to come to a crawl when typing? The spell check above my keyboard shows my typing as one continuous word, no spaces. As I’m typing this reply it is doing the same. I type my sentence and a little bit later the typing will catch up on screen what was typed 10 seconds earlier!

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

If you have the original unlimited plan from 2007, you are probably paying way more than you should. A current plan would be doing you a favor if it costs less than what you were paying. As for the forum, the forum software they use is terrible. I get the same weird reaction on my iPad, too. Even more infuriating than the slow response is when auto-correct keeps changing what I typed.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.