For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Savsmiles123's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, February 9th, 2015 5:42 PM

Grandfathered plan , can i get off my moms bill? lol

Alright guys its come that time in my life where my mom just NEEDS me to be off her phone bill lol She wants to change plans but i am STUCK i think. The deal is i have a GRANDFATHERED plan that some of you i know still have or have heard about and its unlimited DATA , can i still keep that and switch to my own plan just me?does anyone happen to know the answer to this? Imafraid any switch will make me lose this plan.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:
If Mom does a transfer of billing responsibility to you, you can keep your plan.

I believe that is incorrect.  The OP will not be able to keep the grandfathered plan. This comes from the following link: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB94735&title=Transfer+billing+responsibility#fbid=DOSyEGpeGJq

If you're the new account owner, these conditions must be met:

• You must be at least 18 years old. Exceptions: 19 years old in Alabama, 21 years old in Puerto Rico.
  • You must complete a credit evaluation when you accept the transfer, and you may be required to pay a deposit.
  • You must accept the remaining contract term from the date of the transfer.
  • You'll need to select from our currently offered plans/features.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

The support page doesn't say anything about the grandfathered plans but it is true that you CANNOT transfer a grandfathered plan, you can only transfer the billing responsibility but you must choose from a current plan.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I have seen MANY things about transfereing it to a new phone and ive done that myself but what about a whole new bill?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

If Mom does a transfer of billing responsibility to you, you can keep your plan.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

That is a last option for her lol trying to get OUT of her bill totally and on my own , also my contract is up just in case someone asks.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

No, I mean, in order to transfer your line to your own billing, and keep your grandfathered unlimited plan, your mom has to transfer LEGAL billing responsibility to you. If doesn't effect the plan in any other way. All it does is split you off her bill.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you Liz!!! Heart

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

I will take your word for it as an employee, but the link you provided gives different information.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

That is in fact stated there!!!! thank you i would have died lol 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

do you know if there is any way to be on my own plan with grandfathered ? or im just s out of luck 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.