Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
prosenthal's profile

1 Message

Friday, February 23rd, 2024 7:30 PM

Getting credit for the wireless outage

How do we get credit for the outage?

1 Message

4 months ago

While chatting, the agent offered me $5 for the account, which has 6 lines. After insisting for more credit, the agent finally offered $20 for the account (not per line). I know it's frustrating, but at some point, $20 is a little better than $5, right?

(edited)

ACE - Master

• 

10.9K Messages

4 months ago

@israck7  The math checks out.  $20 is undeniably is little better than $5.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.5K Messages

4 months ago

@Ryan8500 

Nope. AT&T doesn't owe you $10,000. They owe you compensation for the service only. They will not compensate your income, time, or anything else.

1 Message

4 months ago

I'm sorry but is the $5 credit a joke? I missed a whole day of work because of this and you think an apology and a $5 credit is enough. Absolutely not. No it's not enough. I missed out on a lot more than that by not being able to use my phone for work. I truly believe this company needs to be sued. It's the absolute worst company and I regret ever switching and can not to be done. You train your employees to manipulate your customers because you guys are scam artist.

• 

13 Messages

4 months ago

Why are prepaid customers not included when the outage affected us too? Not only do we have to deal with out of country customer service reps you can't understand, now this. 

ACE - Scholar

• 

1K Messages

4 months ago

@John1999 Postpaid customers are more desired.

Also, prepaid is done differently, no "bill" issued, etc.

I'm on the annual $300 plan.  I don't know how that would work.  Add $5 to my account?  Or just under $1 if they did 1 day?

Then the money expires within 30 days when I've already paid for my next renewal for March 9th?  The money would be gone long before I needed it in March of 2025.

• 

94 Messages

4 months ago

Read the terms and conditions. You all agreed that AT&T does not owe you any compensation for inability to use the service.

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

4 months ago

I have prepaid I had no service for most of the day. Why do I not get a great? I'm still an AT&T customer. 

3 Messages

4 months ago

My phone went in and out, and decided to go back into SOS mode whilst I was in the Dentist office with my son LEAVING in which I wasn’t able to use GPS I was a county and city away from my house and left in stress and worry how I was going to make it home….. VERY frustrated and thinking of switching services, just because I’m a prepaid customer doesn’t mean I’m any less important than a monthly paying customer, I pay my bill monthly even upgraded my plan yet still don’t get a credit for the stress this issue caused me WITH my SON!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled I have yet to get a credit

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

As far as I understand no one has received any credits, at least not yet. Postpaid customers are expecting a $5 credit.

There has not been any mention of credits for prepaid

The outage commenced at 4:00 a.m.     So this is the first time you've ever been to this dentist office?  You got there, but you had no idea how to retrace your trip to get back home?   And your car did not have GPS?  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.