Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
prosenthal's profile

1 Message

Friday, February 23rd, 2024 7:30 PM

Getting credit for the wireless outage

How do we get credit for the outage?

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

4 months ago

Seriously?  if $200,000 was hanging in the balance, I would find another phone.   

2 Messages

4 months ago

Just received this text, and I don’t want to click on anything that could be spam. Legit AT&T message or scam? 

It's AT&T. We apologize for Thursday's outage, which may have impacted you. As a valued customer, your connection matters, and we're committed to doing better. To help make it right, we're applying a credit to your account. Details: att.com/makeitright

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Text about credit due to outage

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

2 Messages

This is only for those impacted by the outage. Those who are customers that were not affected will receive the following text message:

“It's AT&T. We apologize for Thursday's outage, which may have impacted your ability to connect with others. We value you as a customer & commit to doing better.”

ACE - Master

• 

10.9K Messages

I was affected and lost service but haven’t gotten either text.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 Messages

4 months ago

I have 2 phones and 2 iPads with ATT wireless service; all were out most of the day;

what is my total credit?

not $5 I hope

ths

bellamy

(Edited to remove personal information)

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled outage credit

(edited)

4 Messages

need response

ACE - Expert

• 

13.2K Messages

This is a user helping user forum. Not a way to contact customer service. no one here knows how much the credit will be. Your best bet is to call.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Former Employee

• 

22.5K Messages

what do you think would be fair?

What is your monthly charge for the (4) numbers?

How much is 1/30 of that number?

Is the actual cost per day more or less than what you think would be fair?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

4 months ago

@bellamy759637   THIS IS A PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD.  Please use the 3 vertical dots to edit out your PERSONAL information.  Mods have been notified.

3 Messages

4 months ago

$5 per ACCOUNT, and not for each line that had no service? WOW. What a rip-off. I pay nearly $400 a month for 5 lines, and yall think $5 is fair and making good on it? I won't even notice that puny credit. Thanks for nothing. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Credit for outage

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

4 months ago

@George75235   THIS IS A PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD.  PLEASE REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (3 vertical dots). 

ETA:  These forums are CUSTOMER POPULATED and NOT a way to communicate with ATT.  Your demands have fallen on deaf ears.  

(edited)

2 Messages

4 months ago

Wow can you afford it? Do you know what the outage did to me?

Do you have any idea what this did?I drive a semi truck.My logs are done through my phone.All communication with my company was cut off.No email no phone or texts.I couldn't amke a delivery or pickup because I couldn't contact anyone.  No calling my wife.We have AT&T.So she didn't have service either. I'm really upset about this.
Your actions aren't fair. I sign up for auto pay. I get a discount a month.... What a joke. You take the phone as soon as statement comes out.
I call you..... Well that is because you didn't give you you Debit card. How dare I.
I try to explain to you my husband had to go through a government back round check every year. He worked in Afghanistan. He had his identity theft 3 years in a row. His passport everything stolen. This included my identity and other family it affected. I'm supposed to trust you with my banking info?
Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled outage

ACE - Master

• 

10.9K Messages

What is this supposed to be?  Some mishmash of stories?  The first paragraph makes sense, but then the rest jumps the shark.  You couldn’t call your wife, but then later on you have a husband?  You have both a wife and husband?  And what does auto pay and your husband getting his identity stolen 3 years in a row have to do the phone outage?

ACE - Expert

• 

32.5K Messages

Wow can you afford it? Do you know what the outage did to me?

No calling my wife.

I try to explain to you my husband.

He had identity theft 3 years in a row.

Apparently you don't know what it did to you either. Your post is a jumble of sentences that don't add up to something factual. And a temporary service outage has nothing to do with identity theft.

This reads like someone trying out their first chat bot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

Need to keep an eye on this one…. 😉

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

Oy vay! 🤦‍♂️

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

I'll bet that "wife" was supposed to be "Wi-Fi".  Autocorrect made that change to me more than once.

And I couldn't switch to Wi-Fi calling during the outage because it hadn't been previously set up. Kept getting "bad gateway" errors.

Just providing a benefit of the doubt.

- Joel

2 Messages

4 months ago

At&t says it is gonna make it right for its customers. I missed important calls plus I have 4 lines. At&t only wants to give its customers a 5$ credit to me that is a slap in the face!!! They make billions off us!!!!  They just lost a customer here for sure.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Credit for service disruption

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

So how much of a credit do think you deserve, and is fair? Just curious.

2 Messages

4 months ago

As of 2/26, I have not be contacted by AT&T (reports say “we have contacted affected people”). I would like a refund. I have 3 lines that were affected and each line should get compensated-not just the account. The amount given ($5) is minuscule, but will help.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Outage

5 Messages

4 months ago

During the outage, I lost approximately $8000-$10,000. I'm a hvac contractor and missed a few very important calls by customers whom were ready to install full new systems.  They couldn't reach me so they hired another company! Att you owe me $10,000 dollars!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Global at&t outage

5 Messages

This would not have happened if att would have stayed on top of the necessary maintenance to the network. Now my family suffered greatly due to this massive outage! I want reimbursement!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

😆 Call Billing. This is a public customer populated forum only. All we can do is offer suggestions, advice, and commiserate with those of you who experienced the outage.

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

You get $5 just like everyone else buddy. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.