Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
prosenthal's profile

1 Message

Friday, February 23rd, 2024 7:30 PM

Getting credit for the wireless outage

How do we get credit for the outage?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

All,

AT&T apologizes for Thursday’s network outage, which may have impacted your ability to connect with family, friends, and others. As a valued customer, your connection matters, and we’re committed to doing better. To help make it right, you’ll automatically receive an account credit.

We’re also taking steps to prevent this from happening again in the future. Our priority is to continuously improve and be sure you stay connected.

For more information, please visit att.com/makeitright.

The AT&T Community Team

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

3 months ago

Call Billing to see if AT&T is offering a credit once the network is back up and running 100%. It may take awhile before AT&T feels confident that the network is stable and if they decide to offer some sort of credit for those that were affected. Not everyone was.

3 Messages

3 months ago

When will ATT be issuing credit for not having service during this extended outage? I have 5 lines that have zero cell service and don't have wifi available to use for wifi calling.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Credit for not having service during the outage

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

3 months ago

@newyorkupstate  Nobody here has the answer to that. If and when AT&T chooses to offer a credit for lost service, they will announce it.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

3 months ago

I just was checking Reddit and customers have posted that they got a $10 credit but they had to call and ask for it.  🤷‍♀️

3 months ago

And how long did THAT take them? I've spent HOURS wasting time to get the trade-in credit promised a year ago. A (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) might get their attention!

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

3 months ago

@bobklim 

Outage was for part of a day. They don't give a huge credit based on how much you feel you were inconvenienced. As for the 60 days, just because it is a small amount to you, remember they are looking at crediting a huge amount of accounts. Companies tend not to keep a pool of thousands of dollars or so just to give out in bulk at a whim. So this allows them to compensate as needed without causing a big financial problem.

Wouldn't expect any different from Verizon or any other provider. Hello real world.

1 Message

3 months ago

The credit is only 5 dollars which is a bigger joke than AT&T already was. We all pay so much more than is necessary for their cell service and they laugh in our faces with this joke offer. Fix your company AT&T you know we absolutely pay you enough to 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

3 months ago

You can go over and look at the policies of other service providers. Typically if you are without service for a day your credit is equal to 1/30 of your service charge. Just service by the way not taxes or phone installments.  

My Verizon service on 5 phones and a tablet is 150.  1/30th is 5

So if I were without service for one day I would get a $5 credit

2 Messages

3 months ago

I have yet to see my credit for the outage and I have received the email stating that my credit will be applied automatically.

I have 5 lines and none worked at this time so please be sure that all 5 lines are credited accordingly.

I understand that things happen, but it was unacceptable that not even one phone worked not even the emmergency call worked, but God forbid one doesn't pay their phone bill on time our service is swiftly disconnected, so yes I believe my credit should be given so I cam see my bill decline.

Att has also raised the unlimited monthly cost and the advantage protection cost without even sending notice to me, you seem to only notice when yu see your bills jump, notice should be provided ahead as a courtesy.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled My Att credit for outage

ACE - Master

• 

10.7K Messages

If you read the bottom of the email, or go to the bottom of the web page that’s linked in the email, it says bill credits will typically be applied within 2 bill cycles.  It also says it’s one $5 credit per account, which seems like it’s just $5, no matter how many lines are on one account.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.