Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 5:24 PM

Galaxy watch and GearS3 both?

I just received a new Galaxy watch with esim activation with the same phone # as my current Gear S3 Frontier - I want to have BOTH activated and connected to the Galaxy Wear app and switch between the 2 watches... Can I please get DETAILED instructions on what I need to do this. I was told before I ordered that this was possible BUT I am unsure if: - I can have BOTH activated to the same # - if activating the new watch will inactivate my Gear S3 Please advise...

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

a year ago

if you have both activated att will charge you for 2 wearable lines. And unless samsung changed something you can only connect one a time in the gear app. The last time i used the gear app was a few weeks ago.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Thanks... Samsung told me back in Nov I could, just have never had 2 devices on the app and wasn't sure of details. I have msgs here and a Samsung board - will update once I have this figured out

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

I spent 30 mins on a chat w/ AT&T and they let it time-out👎 They were struggling to help me activate device #2 WITH device #1 still activated. They said only one # could be sync'd with my phone🤯 I have both connected now to the Galaxy Wear app and there is an auto-switch feature. My big Q now is the AT&T app allowing my phone / account to switch between watches🤞
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

att will allow only one wearable per phone period. You will have to unsync and resync each time you change. Tmobile is the only carrier ify memory is correct to allow what you want. Most people only have one wearable. I quit payimg att for watches. I was not going phoneless enough to make it worth it and at work WiFi is so good there is no need.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

For a 'major carrier' this is no bueno! If you truly use and rely on a smartwatch having only 1 device is no good. How many folks have NUMEROUS watches?! C'mon AT&T Enginerds. - this is BRUTALLY simple coding (and you are getting more $ from these customers!). There is no drawback here... Please fix
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

a year ago

why most people are not going to drop 800 bucks on 2 smart watchs that lose resale value instantly. I get where your going but numbersync is more than just simple coding.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

...and most peeps can't keep a watch working well 4 years old - but some of us are not most people
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

i doubt anymone keeps samsung watches more than 2 years. Samsung kills support after that. I have 12 different watches here. The best one at this point is a apple watch 5.

Get started...

Ask a new question