Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
Simmen's profile

3 Messages

Tuesday, March 26th, 2024 11:35 PM

FRUAD on my Account TOO!

Hello, please forgive me in advance for adding my case on to this post. i will delete if you ask.

My case just happened 2 days ago at a T-Mobile store, went in for a replacement, cheap one but ended up getting a 200 dollar phone instead, the 2 men were already sketchy, when buying the phone. 1 of the men told me I was getting a (screen protector and phone case) for free because it came with the deal of replacement. (that's what got me, I was confused but went along with it). 

He said my bill would be $10 more BC of the phone. Two days later i checked my account to see if i was charged for the items. I saw i was charged for them and i saw 2 new phone numbers on them.

I called T-Mobile and explained to them and they told me there were 2 new active phones on my account the 2 phones were (APPLE IPHONE13, ANDRIOD PLUS NORD N20 5G). 

She told me it was a serious crime. I asked to cancel those phones and she said it will take til the 30th of March to process. I want to take action.

What will be your best advice, i feel taken advantage of, and fear of my credit.

Thank you for your help. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

28K Messages

3 months ago

Are you assuming that AT&T owns T-Mobile because it does not.

T-Mobil DOES have a community forum/message board HERE.  Perhaps you should post over there.  

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.9K Messages

3 months ago

51% of T-Mobile is still owned by Deutsche Telekom AG. T-Mobile shares towers with AT&T but not the same network. I don't know if T-Mobile uses Authorized Retail Stores like AT&T does but it sounds like you went to one.

Are you an AT&T customer? Did you just port your number over from AT&T to T-Mobile?

As far as AT&T goes, you are limited to Binding Arbitration and possibly Small Claims if you decide to try that route. It's in the AT&T TOS. I would imagine that T-Mobile has similar wording in their TOS.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

3 months ago

Well that's new 😵‍💫

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.