Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Help for account, billing & more
J

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jan 20, 2022 6:39 PM

Free phone from AT&T

I received a phone from ATT. I think it is to replace a 3G phone that they think my son in law is still using. Would like to keep the phone as a backup, but son in law doesn't want to transfer his line to this phone that just arrived. What should I do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.4K Messages

4分前

He doesn’t have to use the free phone but if he doesn’t, he’ll need to get a different phone. His current phone will quit working once 3G is shut down. You can do whatever you want with the free phone.

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.4K Messages

4分前

Let your son in law know that within a couple of months, his current phone will no longer work on AT&T's network, so he won't have a choice. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.4K Messages

4分前

👆👆👆👆👆this 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.4K Messages

4分前

Let your son in law know that within a couple of months, his current phone will no longer work on AT&T's network, so he won't have a choice.

Actually, it should be sooner. The free phone and SIM card that came with it will automatically be activated within 30 days if not done sooner. Once that happens, that old phone can not be reactivated.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.