Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Jdengal2's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 15th, 2023 11:18 PM

Fraud. Trusted salesman, lied about plan & pricing.

Switched from AT&T family plan to individual plan. Salesman pulled up my old account used his tablet to sign me up for the lowest basic plan, which I requested, he had me sign the contracts without reading anything he did not show me any information, just (Edited per community guidelines)ured me that my total cell phone bill would be between 60 and $65 a month total he knew that I was paying on an installment plan and had insurance, he said that was included in the $65. I trusted the AT&T sales employee as I thought that’s what a customer should do wasn’t told that I would have to pay one month upfront ended up being billed over $130 every month and customer service won’t help me. Neither will the store where I purchased the phone. I went in there for help And they pulled stories out of their (Edited per community guidelines) as far as the reasons why it didn’t charge me $65. Was told to call customer service and drop some of the services that I have in order to meet the price that they quoted me originally which I agreed to.  at this point my phones been shut off at least five times in the past eight months because I cannot afford to pay for more than I signed up for. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

Go to prepaid 

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

Same here! ATT representative came to the door on a Sunday, told my husband that e-mails were transferable so we could go to fiber without losing our road runner account and that we could set up a family line at a fraction of Verizon cost. Just like the person above, he used his tablet to collect all info, and never showed us the final billing. Next morning, I check the emails and find out that the information he was collecting on the tablet should have been coming from my email accounts, and the bill was not what we discussed. Had us paying 36 month installments on 2 "free" phones, upped the plan, etc. So I checked the email info and found out that e-mails are not transferable. Called first thing, at 9am, and ATT insisted we couldn't cancel the order because the phones were "in process." I didn't get a shipping confirm until after 4pm.  They would not turn those phones around even though we called, emailed and sent by certified mail all within 24 hours. The pin for my account was changed when I cancelled the order (hmmm... I wonder who did that?) I rejected the delivery of the phones by handing them back to the driver. It has been another week and FedEx has not sent the phones back. I am beyond livid and frustrated! ATT does not have any interest in making this right, and neither does FedEx. 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

11 months ago

@mcolasanti 

You can change the plan at any time. Your first bill is going to be more expensive because it includes more than one month service, activation fees, and it's still includes your installments.

Trade-in promos on AT&t work the same way as they do on other service providers. Your credits offset your installments but they may take a couple of months to kick in because your phone's go to a third party.

The information on the promotion for trade-in is published on AT&t's website. Here's a sample

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.