Need help understanding your bill?
Smerom's profile

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 6th, 2023 9:36 AM

Fraud by AT&T and unethical Customer Service. That are really Sales Reps

I was moving from Ohio to the East coast when my phone broke and my navigation wouldn't work so I couldn't get home. I have never had my own line before and have been on my father's plan for about 15 years. He wanted me to get my own line and had me transfer to my name. I am on unemployment and Medicaid so it was the worst timing as zinwas paying him 110 per month. I ended up getting a plan, a phone and I tried to put my old chip in. AT&T said that the only way to keep my old phone number was to take the other line on(my father was willing to pay the rest of the phone for 5 more months and for him, they put it on the lowest plan which is 10 per month for the line and whatever the phone cosgs.). I have lost phones before and he had to do this keep a line for 10 per month with a cheap phone and open a line with a cheap phone but unlimited plan. He agreed to exchange the numbers or whatever it took but I ended up with two phones(one that the was originally going to pay for). Since it got transfered to me I am now stuck paying not only for two phones when he had an upgrade and could have upgraded them transferred the phone and phone number(which the associate didn't care about when I mentioned that he has four lines and an upgrade, that I also believe my upgrade the program where after 1.8 months early upgrade, and since I never had a line before I got robbed. I let the phone thing go and tried to meet in the middle and ask for an open line and the to pay for the phone monthly andnkept getting " The lowest service is 70", then "the lowest service is 60 starter plan", then the lowest is 50 or 40 with autopay 4g, I wanted the lowest plan and have been saying this from the minute I realized that I got duped and kept getting duped. My number is (Edited to remove personal information), please reimburse me the money that I payed for having a second line that I never wanted or reimburse me for what could have been the lowest 10 dollar 1g only emergency or whatever money that I have paid and that I should have never paid. The lady on the phone said she changed it for me to 110 or something per month and then my father called and spoke to someone who said is was 240mper.momth for the second line. Idk if the lady put me on a date plan or what but from paying around 300 per month since they added early warranties ECT to the second line as well my bill has been from. 288+400!since January 2023 bill. Please fix this as I am at the point of finding a lawyer(I have friends that I grew up with that are lawyers). I am on unemployment and aincould not pay my ATT bill last month due to paying all those months of being scammed and for all my other bills like car, insurance, rent ECT... So now I am without a phone and had been paying for a price on a second phone that I never wanted. I always just wanted an open line with the phone to pay for. My father never payed monthly for the phone as he said which was not right and he thought it would be 110 per month and he would pay then phone which he shouldn't have to since I shouldn't have had to have second line. Please email at [email scrubbed]. I am drowning because of sales people who are wearing customer service hard as well as being transfered over-seas to customer service. This has snow balled to me about not being able to pay my credit cards. I had good credit before I got my own line(s that I could have upgraded with my dad kept my number and had one line). This is unethical,. Unregulated, highway robbery as I kept asking for the lowest and kept getting a lower price everytime that was still not just an open line monthly pay with phone when I should have just been able to upgrade and transfer period. My phones are both turned off. I am not paying for the bill that I owe because I need to be reimbursed for the unethical practice that was displayed by the employees that are each liable to the company not individually. They are hired by you guys and their mistakes should not be on me and my finances. I was in need of a phone so that I could.get home and I got completely taken for by a company that I have been paying monthly bills when under my father's plan for years 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

9 months ago

🤦🏼‍♀️

Please click on the three dots at the top right of your post and edit out your personal information. When you signed up for the forum you were told what you could and could not do and posting your personal information like your phone number is a no no.

Clearly turning over your cellular phone number to you was a mistake because you have no idea what you're doing.  

If your phone broke, you have to buy a new phone. You also have to pay for service for the new phone. With your financial situation you should have had your phone number migrated to prepaid in a corporate store and signed up for the cheapest plan available. But you didn't instead you are paying for a phone and service. Apparently on both your original phone number and a new phone number.    The cheapest plan where you can pay for a phone and service is either the starter plan or the value plus plan.  Have you had any time contacted AT&T and said I'm paying for two phone numbers I only need one phone number I want to cancel one?  Yes? No?  Never thought if that?  

If you get a response from ATT help through this forum, you need to respond to a direct message the same day or the invitation to direct message will expire at the close of that person's business day.

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

So thank you for assuming that I did not do everything that I could for weeks to not have two lines initially.

Do you usually assune that everyone has an IQ of 85?

• I was told that it was okay for me to use my old chip and every few days they would cut the line off anyway
  • After the two weeks when I could have changed it they informed me that it was not possible.
  • They transferred the phone and I had to have a service and I said only if it is just an opne line
  • I get the bill and I am being charged max for both
  • I call and and I keep getting gatekept from an open line and every call they lower it one plan less and say that is the lowest that it can go
  • after the third lowest it could go I demand to speak with the department of cancellation and I tell them that I need the second line off that I had been lied to from day one and to refund the money that I had paid by unethically being lied to on recorded phone calls.
  • They lower my bill by getting rid of the other line and never refund. I am calling and asking for the bull to remain one line and for the refund or I am hopping on my mom's verizon and paying like four times less then I have been. 
  • Oh and whomever responded you are a D and judge people you know and if you work for this company it explains a lot.

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

Oh and of course I asked for the cheapest plan that was unlimited but I was lied at every corner. I was in the middle of like three major life events and I did my best and I should not have to go online and research when a rep of a huge company that is not limited liability but I guess I do from now on. Lesson learned.

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

And sorry for calling you a D have a blessed day I actually feel badsorry.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.