The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Help for account, billing & more
deesolo78's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jun 9, 2015 6:29 PM

Closed

Former Employee

I am a former employee of BellSouth and was laid off in 2006 due to the merger.  I am currently going through a background check and the company that is conducting the check has been unable to verify my employment through the AT&T verification system.  Can someone provide with a number or email to HR so that I can get the information on BellSouth employment verification?

Accepted Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 y ago

Hi there! @deesolo78 thanks for posting your question.

You can contact HR One Stop at 1-888-722-1787. They will be able to direct your call based on your need.

Hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

Former employee of BellSouth Mobility: called HR One Stop 888-722-1787 but was directed to call *** and use company code ***. I also went to the website *** and after entering the company code and my ss# it ask for a PIN, which I didn't have.  I then called the *** number to speak to a customer service agent who assisted me.  After entering the company code and my SS# (I believe they were probably using the same system or portal I was using for verification) nothing came up and the agent advised me that At&t haven't entered the information in from BellSouth Mobility and updated the WorkNumber database.  Their records indicated that my SS# wasn't in the database.  After spending 30 minutes on the phone and looking through the *** website I think former employees of BellSouth are out of luck with regard to employment verification.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

At&t HR-please look into the matter of employment verification from former employees of BellSouth, BellSouth Cellular Corporation, BellSouth Mobility and Singular Wireless.  Employers have no way of  verifying our employment history without your help.  The current process and systems you have is a dead end with regard to employment verification.  Need immediate assistance.

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

The 2nd person who posted HR Onestop 1-888-722-1787 number is correct, although ATT uses - TheWorkNumber.com for verification.... All Employment HR dept would know exactly who they are to call, so for them to say they cannot is erroneous.  If your employer attempts to call Onestop Number they will be rejected as ATT HR dept will not allow employers to call into the center,, OneStop is for current Employees & retirees only, therefore the ex-employee can call onestop, however if you are unable to get thru the IVR with Employment Verification,, then keep pushing 0 for operator,, or you can try to default out of the system via multiple #,, or 9,, this confuses the system as most PBX have a built in default option that will direct you to a switchboard..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Any former Cingular Wireless employees (from 2005 on) here getting any HRA benefits as an AT&T Wireless retiree?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Hello , 

I have a friend who is a former employee of AT&T she has her  former employee ID# . She is appying for state assistance with the state of Florida and needs a income verification form filled out. Can she call and fax over the form that needs to be filled out ? This is time sensitive. Thanks ! 🙂 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I am a former AT&T employee who was terminated I don't know my former employee ID I have questions about my termination who do I call

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Hi I a former employee that need to know his start date. Ty

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I am a former employee, started at at&t wireless, then to ciongular, then to cricket and back to at&t. All of my employment records since 1995 go back to... you guessed it, at&t. I am having background checks done by a government entity and they say I only go back to 2005-2006 when Cingular bought at&t wireless. I called one stop which directed me to equifax and they only have me there for 1 year out of 20. This is a different answer than the govt agency was given. I am livid!!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Employers seeking employment verification for former AT&T employees

• Call (800)367-5690.

• Press 1 for "employment verification" when the recording prompts you. You must have an employer user ID, or you will have to set one up. This guarantees only legitimate companies are requesting the employee information and not phishing scams or unauthorized individuals. A representative will help you sign up if you do not already have an employer user ID.

• Enter the company code "10535" when prompted after signing in is successful. This is AT&T's company code and will provide you with any AT&T employee's information.

• Enter the employee's Social Security number when the voice prompts you. After a few seconds, the system will begin speaking the information you requested. It is possible to have the system repeat the information by pressing the "#" key.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I am the spouse of retired SBC/ATT employee that needs to know how to report his death & find out how to start the process of finalizing the benefits. Do you have someone I can talk to & get my questions answered?
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.3K Messages

5 y ago

@Luv2sew Call the HR Onestop number listed earlier in the thread.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Hey. I am currently having the same problem. How did you get this resolved ?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

I am a former spouse of a current ATT employee and have an active support order in place. I need to speak with someone regarding the wage garnishment, however I am directed to this number 1-888-722-1787. It asks me for employee number, which I don't have and they are unable to identify me...so I never get through to someone! How can I remedy this and speak to someone about this matter? Thanks for your help

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Save telephone 1 image by Aussiebloke from Fotolia.com Nearly all AT&T employees are member of the Communications Workers of America union, which is a branch of the union giant AFL-CIO. Requesting employment verification for AT&T employees is a simple process, as long as only whether or not the employee worked for or is working for AT&T and the length of their employment is being requested. AT&T strictly prohibits any other information from being released, according to the CWA's official website.
Employers seeking employment verification for former AT&T employees

- Call (800)367-5690.
- Press 1 for "employment verification" when the recording prompts you. You must have an employer user ID, or you will have to set one up. This guarantees only legitimate companies are requesting the employee information and not phishing scams or unauthorized individuals. A representative will help you sign up if you do not already have an employer user ID.
- Enter the company code "10535" when prompted after signing in is successful. This is AT&T's company code and will provide you with any AT&T employee's information.
- Enter the employee's Social Security number when the voice prompts you. After a few seconds, the system will begin speaking the information you requested. It is possible to have the system repeat the information by pressing the "#" key.
 Warm Regards,
The Rice's
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.