Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Meggarie's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Dec 4, 2017 9:53 PM

former employee discounts

Hello, I just recently ended my employment with At&t. I received an email stating that my employee discount was being removed and the new FAN number for the former at&t employee discount was being added. When I log into my account it says “you are receiving 50% off eligible charges” however, no discount is showing on my bill. Does FAN 04246017 actually give me a discount?  I have called customer care 3 times without a resolution or answer. I am also having problems renegotiating my other services with At&t. I love this company and want to keep my service with them. I just need to know how to receive pricing that is clear and reasonable. Thank you for your help. 

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46.9K Messages

3 years ago

I am a former employee also and have never heard of a discount for former employees. The only one I know of is for retired employees. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I certainly did not think I would be receiving one, but now I am confused. Do you have the “former employee discount” added to your wireless account?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46.9K Messages

3 years ago

No, I do not. Your post is the first I’ve ever heard of a former employee FAN. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same "Former Employee" discount and  if you have an unlimited plan the discount will not apply. I did some research and found this info about wireless plan discounts:

1AT&T Signature Program Svc Discounts: Avail. to qual. employees, students & other auth. indvs. assoc. w/ elig. companies, universities & other sponsoring organizations w/ a qual. svc agmt (Business Agmt). Must validate elig. online or provide valid employee badge/paystub, student ID or other approved proof of eligibility in authorized retail store & subscribe to svc under an indv. responsibility  account for which the qual. indv. is personally liable. Discount subj. to Business Agmt & may be interrupted, changed or discontinued w/out notice. Discount may vary monthly. Applies only to recurring mo. svc charge of qual. voice & data plans (unless otherwise provided in Business Agmt).  Combinable only with eligible wireless plans (however other discounts may apply).  Ineligible plans include: AT&T Unlimited PlusSM and AT&T Unlimited ChoiceSM. Min. mo. svc charge, add’l AT&T svcs, or other elig. req’s may apply. Not avail. w/ unlim. voice plans. For all Mobile Share plans, applies only to the mo. plan charge of plans with more than 300MB, not to add’l mo. device access charges. Add’l restr’s apply. May take up to 2 bill cycles after elig. confirmed & won’t apply to prior charges. Applied after application of any avail. credit. May not be combined w/ other svc discounts. Contact your organization or us at 866-499-8008 for details.

Get started...

Ask a new question