Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
pumpkinseeds's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Apr 18, 2015 3:45 PM

filing a complaint about an AT&T store

How do I file a complaint about an AT&T company store?  

I've searched the forums and every time this question is asked, the answer is always in a private message link so I am unable to read how to file the complaint.

Thanks.

Responses

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

There are so many errors!!!! where do I start!!!

1st - the BOGO code was never inputted in the account so I have not seen
the credits for the BOGO!!!

2nd - I was charge for a 3rd phone in error!!!

3rd - I have experienced disconnections and late fees because of their
inability to correct their mistakes!!!

4th -  the credits that have been posted do not reflect the accurate
discrepancies one example, I received credit for data?! that's never
been the issue!!!!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

Another error: when they finally credited the phone that I returned It
says that it was paid for which it wasn't, the phone was returned and it
should have never been charged!!
MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.7K Messages

2 y ago

@BOGOmess wrote:
There are so many errors!!!! where do I start!!!

1st - the BOGO code was never inputted in the account so I have not seen
the credits for the BOGO!!!

There's no such thing as a "BOGO code"

2nd - I was charge for a 3rd phone in error!!!

3rd - I have experienced disconnections and late fees because of their
inability to correct their mistakes!!!

No, you've experienced late fees and disconnections because you didn't pay your bill. There are ways to dispute incorrect bills; not paying is not one of them. 

4th -  the credits that have been posted do not reflect the accurate
discrepancies one example, I received credit for data?! that's never
been the issue!!!!

That might be AT&T's way of issuing the required credits; as long as the amounts add up, it doesn't matter when line item is credited. 

It sounds like there's been a lot of miscommunication and confusion. File a BBB complaint which will get you to the Office of the President. That will be the person who can fix any issues that might exist or explain why the billing is correct. Like I said, actual errors in the BOGO are very rare. Discrepancies usually exist because customers do not meet the requirements. In your case, that 3rd phone might be the culprit. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Retail Store: AT&T at menlo park mall Edison NJ

The sales person who apparently had the worse customer service I had ever had in any store is Marvin.  It was probably about half an hour before the store closed. My friend and I walked in asking about the AT&T deal that offers $300 visa if upgrade the iPhone. He mentioned the deal is only available online, therefore he insist that we order from online and then come back tomorrow to pick up the phone. Before we left, my friend checked the website and mentioned we do not see the offer. Then he was slick in trying to talk us out of getting a color from online and request for us to go downstairs to the apple store before it closes in 15 minutes. In between of all this, I asked him questions and he ignored the questions and just kept looking at my friend. Then when my friend insist she wants to do the upgrade, he said since you like blue, you shouldn't try to get whatever color it is available here at AT&T. By far the worse customer service I had ever had due to this laziness and not wanting to help. I know he didn't want to help because after I left , I went to Uniqlo, and in that store I got better customer service then him. The cashier was like take your time and download the app to save $5 while the same similar scenario but more time...Marvin wasn't able to help. So sad now I think I lost the deal. AT&T, please re-train all your workers at the retail store level. 

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.7K Messages

2 y ago

@Chingywong wrote:

Retail Store: AT&T at menlo park mall Edison NJ

The sales person who apparently had the worse customer service I had ever had in any store is Marvin.  It was probably about half an hour before the store closed. My friend and I walked in asking about the AT&T deal that offers $300 visa if upgrade the iPhone. He mentioned the deal is only available online, therefore he insist that we order from online and then come back tomorrow to pick up the phone. 

That sounds like exactly what he should have told you. What's the issue?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

I have also experienced a very bad experience in a retail store I would like to speak with someone who could help me.

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

My complaint is with store 12080 Jefferson Ave Newport News Virginia 23606. Sales consultant Rashawn Stevens(According to the card that was given to me.Tall slender Black Male).... Yesterday I entered the store to speak with the Manager, Gino about an previously discussed issue with a purchase. The conversation with Gino was conducted by phone on 6/5/2020. As a resolve to the issue I had ,Gino said that would be able to give me a discount on a product that was needed for a device I purchased. Gino also told me that he was going to call me back after speaking to someone above him. On 5/11/2020 between 3:30-4:30pm As I entered the store as I was rudely met by Mr.Stevens loudly saying to me while extending his hand in an agressive Manner " STOP RIGHT THE,SOCIAL DISTANCING!". At the time he did this i was nowhere near him. I continue on to ask if Gino was in and he Mr,Stevens said no he was not in. I then explained to Mr.Stevens ,that Gino said that I could return to the store and pick up the item I needed for half price. Mr,Stevens again in a rude tone said that he was aware (Heard)of the conversation had between Gino  and myself. Mr,Stevens continued to engage me in a conversation of which he was attempting to not assist me in any fashion. But instead he was trying to argue with me rather than help me with my issue.  Mr Stevens stated that Gino won’t be back until to tomorrow. I explained to Mr Stevens that I had driven 45 minutes to get to the store and ask him if there was a way he could contact Gino? He stated that he would try and stepped away for less then 1 min, returning only to say that he could not contact him,and I needed to leave the store. Ive been a customer for a long time of ATT and have never been disrespected in this way. The unprofessional behavior was totally uncalled for.

• 

1 Message

9 m ago

I am currently standing outside the AT&T store in St. Francisville, Louisiana. It is 9:15. Sign says store opens at 9am. It is a Thursday. There is no one in the store. This is unacceptable. 

• 

1 Message

8 m ago

AT&T store S Rutherford Murfreesboro, TN - When we entered the store Tia the rep, didn't get up (it didn't look like she does much getting up) and said May I help you, in a tone that was "Why are you here"  She was again rude when she asked me to put on a mask so by then I didn't even want to be in the store.  So I just left.  That's ok.  There are competitors since this what AT&T is allowing to work there.  I have had issues with this same rep before being completely rude.  They just don't care.  Their customer service can't be called that.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 m ago

Please advise on how to file a complaint.  My complaint is with the company store at 1165 North Federal Highway, AT&T Store, FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33304 in reference to the following transactions (all occurring on the same day that required several trips to the store and was never resolved - in fact I started the visits with 2 working phones and ended with 2 phones that didn't work which cost me a day of earnings.  The reps and manager kept insisting it was a hardware issue despite my getting "sim not provisioned" messages on the phone and I had to go to another store when they ran out of sim cards.  Thankfully the rep at another store was smart enough to fix one of my phones but the other was still not provisioned properly.  After a long, long time on the phone with tech support today, the tech corrected the provisioning errors made in the store (yes, somehow magically 2 brand new phones didn't simultaneously break to meet the claim on the store rep and manager that the phones were provisioned perfectly and it was a hardware issue when it was, in fact, a provisioning error by the store (despite their protestations to the contrary) that caused all the problems.

50-308000025252823 

50-308000025247793 

50-308000025247581 

50-308000025247479 

50-308000025247369 

50-308000025247238 

50-308000025246223 

I am not looking for a penny (though I do feel some form of credit would be deserved for the time I spend at the store over multiple visits) but rather a commitment from the regional manager or whomever is leads that particular store (at a level above the store manager) to  call me to understand my problem and then provide the staff with the appropriate training to do their jobs and not to be smug and tell the customer "sorry we broke your phones but can't fix them but now you have to leave a (and I quote) "all we do in stores is activate and sell phones and nothing else".

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

Store 4155 n Harlem,norridge Illinois  have salespeople who don’t have time to answer call from customers regarding purchasing manager mike said that all sale people are busy and nobody is available 

how is that possible, that have like 6 people working there and not one can come to phone and answer couple questions regarding iPhones 

huge disappointment.

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

I’m confused as to why my AT&T locks the doors at 5:50 when cooperate plus business page says they close at 7. I was going to purchase a new phone and they looked at me out the door, plus they wouldn’t answer my phone calls. Guess they didn’t want the money. 

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

I went into my local AT&T store on Sunday, November 22 to upgrade my phone. I was told my plan and phone were eligible for the trade in and save promotion. I was trading in an iPhone 8 and was told I would get $700 toward my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I went in today(two days after receiving my new phone) to help my sister and mom upgrade with the same promotion. We were then told our account wasn’t eligible and I would have to pay full price for my phone... manager in the store was no help and I am beyond frustrated. We are done with AT&T for sure. They were not willing to negotiate or help resolve the issue(their fault). I was told to come back to the store to return the phone when the salesperson who sold it to me was present(with a $55 restocking fee). Go straight to Apple to purchase iphones!!! 

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

I am interested were complain about At&t store in Saint Petersburg Florida, today I have very bad experience with the At&t store located

1300 4th Street North
Saint Petersburg,  FL 33701

• 

1 Message

4 m ago

In a world where customer service is critical and businesses are struggling AT&T in Auburn, Ca I had the worst experience. I work in the customer service industry and have for 30 years. I went into this store on Willow Creek not only to stand there 15 min without a hello! Nobody greeted me or said I’ll be with you. When I asked how long it may be before I could get help (a couple thousand dollar purchase ) I was responded with “ I don’t know.” This is from the store manager, Marie at 1:30 pm pst 12/31. I said it’s important to greet your customers and let them know you’ll help them. She said we’re busy. There were three employees in the store in which all were helping a customer. The issue is not here. The issue is the rudeness, non acknowledgment and poor service! I have had DIRECTV and AT&T for 20+ years. I’m beyond disappointed at the lack of care for the number one asset being the customer! I am not happy and I will pull all my services away from AT&T! This manager in the store should not be facing customers! It takes very little to be kind and she shouldn’t be in a customer facing role. The manager is “Marie.” I’ll be sending a note to the CEO as well. I will continue to escalate. This is never ok! I’m a paying customer of several services and to be treated so poorly is unacceptable. I guarantee you this store is losing business. The gentleman getting helped was not happy nor was she friendly to him. The customer behind me never got acknowledged. There are other companies that will treat their customers better! 

Get started...

Ask a new question