Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
pumpkinseeds's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Apr 18, 2015 3:45 PM

filing a complaint about an AT&T store

How do I file a complaint about an AT&T company store?  

I've searched the forums and every time this question is asked, the answer is always in a private message link so I am unable to read how to file the complaint.

Thanks.

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.7K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @pumpkinseeds

Thank you for posting! I'm very sorry you has some negative experience with one of our stores, and I'll be happy to forward your feedback to the right people. The reason we ask for a private message is to ensure no private information is posted publicly. You can send a message directly to me by clicking here.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

My father went to the local AT&T retailer store today and there were only three associates working at the present time, one told him that he would be with him shortly, yet that short time turned into a long time, and my father grew tired of waiting the long time, so he left.

I had lunch with my father and he told me of what happened. I was alarmed to say the least, due to me being a CIT graduate, and being familiar with servicing technology and helping people conducting all inclusive needs in regards to their technological concerns. I went in with him and they paid him no mind, almost as though he were invisible and not even present in the store. Furious, my father left, and a little while later I went back to the store myself because I was insulted by these associates.who seemed to give more of a d--- about selling their products and assisting someone interested in a particular phone or plan than simply taking five minutes assisting someone who was having trouble paying their bill due to the simple fact that they could not remember their account password and having an associate do the easy fix of resetting the passphrase associated with the account.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Nothing like waiting for a hour just to pay your bill while the stores manager twiddled his thumbs walking around not doing anything.  Worst experience I've ever had in an AT&T store.  Were they busy?  Sure.  They had 3 other customers and 4 workers.  I fail to see why the one couldn't take a few minutes to assist me paying my bill.  That location needs a payment keyoske.  Will not return to that location for anything.  That manager needs multi task training so he could help customers and be a lazy do nothing at the same time.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.2K Messages

5 y ago

Why are you not paying on the My ATT app on your phone?  Don't even have to leave the sofa.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I have a complaint towards an AT&T store location as well. Clackamas Oregon, at the Clackamas Town Center store. 😡

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

DONT GO TO THE IRVINE, CA STORE! SO UNPROFESSIONAL! I've been to the at&t store in Irvine and never in the 15 years of service with att have I ever had a bad experience with a store like I have this last time. I traded my phone gave them my old phone and they never returned it 4 months later I'm being charged!! How can 4 months go by and I'm now getting charged for it. The people here act like they want to help but all they do is worry about their appearance its a little ridiculous! I'm over this store never again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I recently went to the west Hollywood att corporate store and was met with utter disrespect and discrimination... I was there to pick up a online order and was told that one of the lines hadn't been approved for financing... I asked if that was the case why I was allowed to place the order online and pay for it? I was told by a employee named Bryan that it didn't get approved and that I couldn't pick up the other line that had been and that was that and there Das nothing I could do about it.... I am of Asian American descent and what I heard him saying to his manager was quite disturbing... I was referred to as Chino in their conversation.... I than called 611 on my phone after he had  walked away from me not telling me that he was leaving and spoke to customer service which informed me that in fact I had been approved for both lines.... I than approached the manager who I asked why the employee was so confrontational and he said he would speak to him about that Because he overheard the whole conversation.... I was than lied to again and told that it was a system processing error that wouldn't release my order... I again called into 611 and the customer service two asked to speak to the employee... He went on to ask why he hasn't called support and the employee said he tried but it was closed... The customer service representative told him it is open till 3am and the employee than ended the phone call.... I asked him if he could try contacting support one more time and he replied I told you they are closed... I don't know what I did or if was because I am Asian but I felt truly discriminated against and wronged... I could honestly say I did nothing to upset these gentleman and was met with disrespect and hostility from the moment I walked in.... I know this isn't a representation of all att employees but I was truly shocked and answered by this kind of "service" 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

How do I file a complaint against a store ? The treatment I received from the store and att policies and procedures was literally the worst in the HISTORY of phone companies ! From being blantley disrespected , ran around in circles , inconvenience , and a complete breach of informing a NEW customer of my rights!! I need this handled and I need it handled now !!!! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

The store in Chapel Hill, NC although slightly unprofessional handled my reimbursement eventually. It took four days from to get in touch with the manager, while his associates took me information twice I still had to be the one to continuously call. Overall, they were friendly, but definitely need some work when it comes to communication and customer service. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Writing this to share my bad experience with Daniel L (store manager) at ATT store in great mall.

I was at the store on Sat Nov 24 to get a BOGO (750$ credit towards second iphone) offer

and switch my line from T-Mobile to ATT. I have never come across a more short-tempered, racist and rude manager like Daniel L.

He told us and forced us to buy 110$ worth of accessories inorder to qualify for valid BOGO offer on iphones.

We were never told about this condition until he disconnected my original line and was just about to make the payment.

Daniel (and his associate Tony) told us that he was going to cancel our lines if we did not commit to that payment and he calls it a “bundled deal”

where ATT expects us to buy accessories worth 110$(“bring some skin into the game” in his words) in-order for us to qualify for BOGO deal.

His peer Tony even told us that he could even disconnect our services if he chooses to and

lied that his name was Lee when I enquired for their names to write a review..

Daniel even offered a 20$ discount (on the 110$ worth of accessories) in exchange for not writing a review.

When asked if there was any ad/doc/link that mentioned about the mandatory rule to buy accessories(as part of BOGO)

he said we were wasting his time and he could knock us down.

I asked for Daniels  managers (regional Directors) contact he gave us his store business card(with ATT, Great mall, Milpitas,CA store phone number) and asked to call on that number and complain on 408-809-2816

I am ashamed to write all this down…but wanted other customers to beware of this store.

I don’t know if ATT ever takes any action on horrible managers like Daniel L..but I hope I can create some awareness on FRAUD happening at the

ATT store at this location.I call it fraud as I have verified with couple of other ATT managers in the area in Fremont and N Sanjose ATT Stores and no such policy exist.

I am sharing this horrid experience with Daniel L with ATT customer service.

I am not very hopeful if ATT takes any action against people like Daniel or Tony…I am currently sharing this fraud with

California consumer services agency & Dept of Consumer affairs.

I can be reached on navyny@gmail.com for any proof.

Naveen

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I had a horrible experience with the store in Emeryville CA at Bay St.  Sales associate sold me on porting my line from Verizon and the BOGO offer for two phones, and the kicker was the free internet offer.  I was guaranteed I would get free internet with the plan she signed me up on but that it would take 3 months to show up.  After 3 months I came back to the store to see why I wasn’t seeing the internet credit.  It turns out that the plan I was on didn’t qualify for free internet and the one that did would cost $60 more per month.  They tell me there’s nothing they can do to honor what I was told and the best they could do was to credit my account $100.  I want to get a refund and cancel but since I got 2 phones, I’d be stuck with paying both including the “free” one if I canceled, so I’m basically stuck.  It’s a real crappy business practice to let customers suffer from an employees mistake and not honor what was told.  When I’m able I will switch and will Never come back to AT&T.   They don’t care about the customer.

if anyone knows how to file an official complaint on the company and the store, please advise.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I need to make a complaint about the corporate store in the exton square mall in exton pa. The sales representative lied to my face multiple times. 

I was told by shawn or sean that the DirecTV now promo was I could try it for $35 a month for 2 months and I wouldn't be charged my monthly plan for 2 months. Lie #1. Then I left started home, got a text message from my bank saying my auto pay for my plan was paid. Went back to the store. I was told by shawn or Sean that I didnt need to worry, I wasn't charged. Lie #2. I checked my account, I WAS charged. Called and told them I was charged and I'd like a refund because I didn't have the extra money at the time. Shawn or Sean told me they could only offer store credit. Lie #3. Then after arguing they said there was a way I could get a refund back on my card, but I'd have to go back to the store. I went the very next morning to get my refund. They swiped my card and said it was refunded. Lie #4. Never got any type of notification that money was being put into my account (btw the sales rep spelled my first name and email address wrong so I never got any notifications from the store or any receipts that were emailed). I had to get on the website to talk to someone and finally found out the truth. I want his commission taken away for that sale and I want him reprimanded. That was a corporate store. You need to get better people working for you that dont lie. And I'm a new customer. I'm so mad I left my old cell provider now. Terrible AT&T. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

My mother (Spanish speaking only) visited the store below on March 16, 2019 in an attempt to upgrade her internet service:

At&T Retail Store

5840 Firestone Blvd., South Gate, CA 90280

The person who assisted her was the store manager Estuardo. During the my mother's visit, she spoke to Estuardo about what she needed in regards to internet. He then proceeded to offer my mother an upgrade to her service. This upgrade would require for her existing service to be cancelled, to which he offered to assist with calling corporate and cancelling her current internet service. My mother explained to Estuardo, more than once, that she had a bundle service (internet and landline) and that she wanted both phone and internet on the new account. Estuardo confirmed more than once that she would be getting both services for less money. 

For the past couple of weeks, my mother had been trying to contact Estuardo to get an explanation on why her old account was still active. In the many repeated occasions that she tried to contact him, he was never available. She was always told by other employees that he was at lunch, on break, with a customer or not in. My mother grew frustrated with all the failed attempts in trying to reach this young man. Finally, this afternoon I contacted store in an attempt to speak with him and get some clarity to what was going on. I was told by an employee by the name of Andrea that he was out. When I asked to speak with the manager or assistant manager she said that she was the only one there. When I requested that she provide me with the District Managers name and contact information she put me on hold and contacted Estuardo. He instructed her (she confirmed with me that he did) that she could not provide me that information. When I asked her why she couldn't do so, she said to me, I can't give you that information over the phone. I then proceeded to tell her, so you're telling me that I have to drive to your store so you can give the information? To which she responded, yes you would have to come in but that would have to be soon because we close at 5:00pm. 

I checked online and the store hours are 9:00am-8:00pm. I was so frustrated that I ended the call and contacted At&t customer service instead. After being on the phone for nearly and hour, I was explained with great detail what the mix up was. Something so simple, that Estuardo could have explained had he been courteous and professional.  My mother and I are extremely upset that he did not have the professionalism to at least reach out to a customer and answer questions and concerns. By the way, Christopher, District Manager overseeing this store, I hope you read this statement and know that the employees mentioned above lack simple customer service skills and clearly only care about making the "sale" and don't care about assisting beyond that point. My family have been At&t customers for years and by far this has been the worst experience with our provider ever. 

[Personal information removed]

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

I have experienced more than 8 months of billing errors starting with a BOGO transaction back in September 2018. The reps have made a complete disaster of my wireless account and it's still not fixed!!! I am still short $115+ in credits. Instead of correcting the error and fix the BOGO they continue to make more errors, the credits are not accurate and they don't make any sense. I have all my receipts and text conversations with the store manager over these 8 months. I just can't believe that the employees are not able of fixing a BOGO error. I have been with ATT for more than 20 years and this is unacceptable!!!

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.7K Messages

2 y ago

@BOGOmess wrote:

I have experienced more than 8 months of billing errors starting with a BOGO transaction back in September 2018. The reps have made a complete disaster of my wireless account and it's still not fixed!!! I am still short $115+ in credits. Instead of correcting the error and fix the BOGO they continue to make more errors, the credits are not accurate and they don't make any sense. I have all my receipts and text conversations with the store manager over these 8 months. I just can't believe that the employees are not able of fixing a BOGO error. I have been with ATT for more than 20 years and this is unacceptable!!!

Legitimate "BOGO errors" are very rare, so it's not something you should expect customer service reps to be able to fix. 

What errors (be specific!) are you see on your bill?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question