Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
singhisking

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Wed, May 9, 2012 4:01 PM

Fee for early termination

I have FamilyTalk Nation 1400 with 4 lines including primary under 2 year agreement. I almost complete 15 months. I was wondering that if I cancel my agreement now, how much it will cost me.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

wingrider01

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

8 years ago

@singhisking wrote:

I have FamilyTalk Nation 1400 with 4 lines including primary under 2 year agreement. I almost complete 15 months. I was wondering that if I cancel my agreement now, how much it will cost me.

depends on the phones, each line in the family talk plan has a different etf depend on when they where added. Unless you got all 4 phones at the same time, they could have different contract end dates

Smart phones

$325 minus $10 for each full month of your Service

so

325.00 - 15 * 10.00 = 175.00

Standard phones

$150 minus $4 for each full month of your Service Commitment that you complete

150.00 - 15 * 4 = 90.00

this is for each individual line

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTJulieCS

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

An overview of Early Termination Fees

@singhisking @wingrider is correct. You can view the details here. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTJulieCS

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

There is not a fee for changing your plan. However, there are some impacts to your bill depending on when in your billing cycles the changes are made. Check out the following: 

How rate plan changes affect your bill

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

thanks... I have one more question - Is there any extra charge for downgrading my plan from 1400 to 700 FamilyTalkNation. And also, Will this effect my contract?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This is crap. I had a messaging phone and canceled it a few months early and they charged me for cancelling a smart phone and said it was because it was a more expensive phone. So beware, if you have an "expensive" phone they'll charge you for a smart phone instead of a regular phone. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Hi!

I came here in the USA to work from abroad but I have unfortunately lost my job and have to return home, abroad.

Do I have to pay early termination fees? I have an iphone4 on a two years plan.
I thought you did have to pay those fees if moving to an area, which is not covered by ATT.

I am currently unemployed and counting every pennies and there is nothing I could have anticipated...I am wiling to return my phone, which I don't really need.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Edit: "I thought that you did not have to pay those fee"

21stNow

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

7 years ago

You have to pay the ETF if you move out of the service area now.  Some carriers used to waive the ETF in this case, but that ended a while ago for various reasons (fraud prevention was one of them).

Get started...

Ask a new question