Need help understanding your bill?
Chine7780's profile

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 4th, 2022 4:06 AM

False information and fake advertisement

Unfortunately we have been advices for an attorney to take this case for all irregularities. ATT is offering false advertisement and publicity. In the stores the information is different to the “real information”. In our case we brought 2 new cellular phone with still warranty with apple (iPhone 8 and iPhone 10) since we were in the we received a lot pression for the  rep to the store including the manager. Hey gave us a inadecuada and false information just for us signed the new contract with ATT. We were calling since the day 19 after we sign the documents and always the treatment was terrible. And never we received any solutions. They told about 14 days grace and another 14 grace days. But you can review our case and all calls were records supposedly ATT  and we have the records too. 
Now viewing ATT send us a bill with some  payment ilegal according with the contract and the conditions we have decided to take LEGAL ACTION except a manager call us to give a solution: 
1. To receive our trade in phone (iPhone 8 and iPhone X like new with still apple warranty.)
2. To received the complete amount for the phones I we paid the total amount pending to receive our phone unlocked.
3. To close that account wit) ATT and just received our original phones. Because ATT is the worst company in t73 market. 
I am waiting answer Thought this email to proceed with the legal complaint and the complaint against ATT in the BBB supported with the text messages and records calls.
I hope ATT will be a smart company because this complaint will be public in all our social media. 
Thanks 
Waldemar Archrome.
And please respect people, respect customer services and respect the moral support. 
ATT is the worst company and tried to take advantage of all people as possible. But here is different . Thanks 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 years ago

If English-is a-second-language that may be part of the reason there's some confusion.  Not fake or fraud.  You just have none of the details correct or mixed up some of the details, you didn't read what you signed. 

The buyer's remorse. Is 14 days. The trade-in is required within 30, you had those backwards.  

The iPhone 8 and iPhone 10 we're not under warranty anymore. Even Apple's extended warranty is only good for 2 years.  You probably mean that you had insurance on the phones.  Not that it matters because warranty and insurance is completely irrelevant for trade in. 

A purchase in December would not receive credits toward the purchase of your phones for 3 months, which means March is when you would expect credits including make up credits for January, February. 

Since you made your purchase at a physical store you were given a pile of paperwork including a very long receipt. The paperwork would have explained the installment purchase, the trade-in procedure, and the total price of your phones.  

All legit.  Nothing you have described is fraudulent or fake. You just didn't pay attention or didn't read what the deal entailed. 

As stated in the printed offer, "credits start within 3 bills of when tade in in complete".  That means from the day your phones are received (re:the 30 days) 

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

2 years ago

I can’t understand any of that. Please reword correctly. The terms of service and promotions are all posted online. Calls are recorded at random for quality and training purposes only. I doubt an attorney told you they would take your case. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

2 years ago

1.  Apparently whoever gave you legal advice did NOT review the LEGALLY BINDING TERMS OF SERVICE which states that you are limited to Binding Arbitration or Small Claims Court, neither of which requires an attorney.  I hope you haven't paid an advance.

2.  You did not write an email nor send an email.

3.  This is a PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD.  Please remove your PERSONAL INFORMATION.

4.  Legal discussions are not allowed.  Don't be surprised if this post gets removed.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

AT&T store  Orlando, FL 32827. In this store we were last week in December looking the best option for our phone calls and services with our phones lines. Unfortunately there was given us a False information and saying us a fake advertisement in regards to the promotions to the trade in for new phones. We were a iPhone 8 red color still with apple warranty, and a iPhone X special version. They told us the option to trade in the iPhone 8 would be received for $350 credit and the iPhone X for $800 credit for our new phones, in this case iPhone 13 PRO MAX. In January 1/2022 we received a he new phone and we came to the AT&T store to active our new phones and get our new contract with them making trade in promotion. The store manger explained us, we had 15 days to bring the old phones while downloading was done and 30 days to decline the offer and bring come back to the store the new phones and get back the old phones. Besides they explained us, how the promotion back getting the credit monthly. We brought back the old phones to the store located in, Orlando, FL 32832. But one week later in January 13 we called to the customer services to declined the offers due to we got an job offers outside of the country. So we told them the option to get back our old phone and bring back the new phones. Or another option to get the total credit of the cellular phones and pay off the total amount of the cellular phones. We escalated the complaint with a manager and supervisor, he told us… due to our situations they can do the exception and apply the total credit “all these supposedly was recording through the phone call” (this is our evidence). We were trust in the manager and supervisor told us. The days came and we never received any answer. Yesterday 2/2/2022 we received a bill for almost $600 dollars… this no make sense. They are charged services fees and another charges that never were explained. First one the charges fees was excepted for my job company among other things. 

False information and fake advertisement; we have been advised they is offering false advertisement and publicity. In the stores the information is different to the “real information”. In our case we had 2 new cellular phone with still warranty with apple (iPhone 8 and iPhone 10) for the trade in, since we were received a lot pression for the  rep to the store including the manager. They gave us a inadecuada and false information just for us signed the new contract with ATT. We were calling since the day 13 after we signed the documents and always the treatment was terrible. And never we received any solutions. They told about 14 days grace and another 14 grace days to take back the new phone and get returned is our original phones (iPhone 8 and X). But you can review our case and all calls were recorded supposedly ATT  and we have the records too. 
Now  in 2/2/22 ATT send us a bill for almost $600 with some  payment ilegal according with the contract and the conditions. We have decided to take LEGAL ACTION except, if a manager is available to give us any solution: 
1. To receive our trade in phone (iPhone 8 and iPhone X like new with still apple warranty.) so the original phones.
2. To receive the complete credit amount for the original phones that  we had offered and we will pay the total amount pending to receive our new phones unlocked.
3. To close that account with  ATT and just received our original phones. Because ATT is the worst company in the market. 
I am waiting answer Thought this email to proceed with the legal complaint and the complaint against ATT in the BBB supported with the text messages and records calls.
I hope ATT will be a smart company because this complaint will be public in all our social media. 

And please respect people, respect customer services and respect the moral support. 

ATT is the worst company and tried to take advantage of all people as such as possible. But here is different . 

I hope to receive any good and positive solutions.

Thanks  

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

2 years ago

That store is an AUTHORIZED RETAILER.  It is NOT owned or operated by AT&T.  It is NOT controlled by AT&T.  The employees are NOT AT&T employees.

Posting the same diatribe is not going to change those facts.

File a complaint with the BBB.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

2 years ago

I'm thinking you might have misunderstood what they told you. You have 14 days to return the new phones if you change your mind. You have 30 days to trade in the old phones, so you can transfer anything you want to and make sure you're going to keep the new ones. 

Once you trade in phones, they're gone. They get sent to a recycler which is not directly affiliated with AT&T. They won't be sending them back. 

I agree that the BBB complaint is your best bet to get some relief on the outstanding bill. I'm highly doubtful any of your other demands will be met. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.