Need help understanding your bill?
Kristanoele's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 10th, 2014 7:56 PM

Expired Reward Card- PLEASE HELP

Hi everyone,

I received a $205 reward card (it might actually be called something else) for giving AT&T my immaculate iPhone 4S and purchasing a 5S.  This was around November or December of 2013.  No one told me to use it ASAP, no one said it would expire, no one said the value would diminish with each passing month that it was inactive.  If I had known that I wouldn't have let $205 go to waste.  A few weeks ago I went to buy my husband a 5S to replace his 4, card in hand at the AT&T store, and they said the card didn't work.  Ok, no worries, I decided to check the balance.  I checked it and it said I have $27 on the card.  $27?!?!?!?  How did THAT happen?  I am assuming that the $205 was working its way down to zero because we hadn't used it but, again, no one ever said that would happen.  We purposely waited to use it because we wanted to make sure that we had $205 to use when my husband's 2-year waiting period was over.  Now, since the card actually expires this month, there's no money on it.  $205 is gone. 

I've read on this forum that other people have had similar situations rectified.  Can anyone do the same for me?  We wouldn't have been able to get my husband a 5S if we didn't have that card because we needed that $205 off the purchase price.  As it is, we had to pay full price for the phone and we only did it because we felt bad that the transaction was basically completed and we didn't feel right walking out after all that.

Is there an AT&T Guardian Angel that can revive our card and bring it back to life?  🙂

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Kristanoele!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your reward card has expired. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.