Need help understanding your bill?
S

• 

5 Messages

Friday, August 13th, 2021 12:29 AM

Closed

Enjoy Delivery Service is a SCAM

I ordered 3 phones and 3 plans with AT&T. Instead of shipping the phones to me, AT&T used a 3rd party, Enjoy Technology, to bring the phones to my home and set them up. Enjoy not only brings you the phones, but they also use high-pressure sales tactics to bully the consumer into purchasing additional products, accessories, and services you had already declined when ordering the phones. 

I immediately emailed Enjoy and told them to cancel the appointment and ship me the phones. Instead of honoring my request, they replied with a generic, pre-written response that purposely ignored my request. I emailed them 3 additional times with the same results. Enjoy then texted me to remind me of my appointment. I texted them back telling them I cancelled the appointment. An hour later they texted me again, again reminding me about the appointment I had now cancelled 6 times. 

Shockingly, after business hours, an Enjoy employee called and told me he was at my house for our appointment. I informed the Enjoy salesperson that I had cancelled the appointment 6 times before his arrival and he needed to leave. He responded that he’d have to call his supervisor to get permission to do so. Telling him that if he attempted to enter my property, I would have him attested for trespassing and hung up. Finally, an hour later, I received a cancellation email. 

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

How about you look up the word “gaslighting.” That’s all you’ve done on this entire thread. Absolutely 0 help, but thanks for being the snarky (Edited per community guidelines) that comes through every time 👏🏼👏🏼 Bravo. 

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

11 months ago

Words have meanings.  And posters in this thread have misused them.  Repeatedly.  You're just the latest.  I wish you the best in getting your phone.

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

I called ATT to have them look at my bill for extra charge while fixing it they reviewed my bill offering a corporate discount then I was told I could get an upgrade on one of my four lines I kept saying no then finally I gave in because they kept saying it will be a wash for the payment when I returned my old phone i kept asking what does that mean  and ordered my daughter a phone was told I had 14 days to return the phone and to expect it in four days by UPS.. We specifically went over the color and Gigbytes of the phone. The very next day I get a call from a Enjoy representative  saying he was delivering my phone in 15 minutes. the color of the phone and gigs was wrong he explained he could not take it back we could call to exchange.

I called customer service that day was told that it had to be taken to the store to exchange they could not override their system since Enjoy bought the phone to us.  Called the Enjoy rep back he could not pick up they only deliver- go to the corporate store they cannot exchange because the representative over the phone did something they cannot override. called ATT back and asked for a manger to help he wrote the issue in the notes and said go back to another corporate store and ask them to exchange.  I no longer want the phone - they cannot send me a slip to mail back because they need a special number to put in their system to generate he return.

My ? is why would they tell you you can return something in 14 days and yet it has only been 24 hours and it was their customer service rep mistake she ordered it.  I have four phone lines and now I am looking for another carrier. Officially done with ATT after 9 years of service.

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

I had a very bad horrible experience with Enjoy! I upgraded my iphone and my only option for delivery was Enjoy! AT&T right now. I contacted Enjoy told them I don't need a setup just need the phone, they told me no problem. The tech delivery guy called me, I explained i just need the phone, he sounded disappointed, said he would call me back, he then canceled my order because he said I didn't pay taxes, which made no sense since my order was confirmed online at checkout. I then contacted AT&T and said I wanted fedex or ups, they told me to select -(express) at checkout and I will get it, for my new order I did this and still went to Enjoy.. AT&T customer service also told me to go to AT&T store and pay the taxes in person, even though when I checked out it said I was being billled on the next statement,,,WTF? Makes no sense!  AT&T agent   promised to change the shipping to FedEx- they lied, never did it! So I contact Enjoy, they told me it is just a drop off- i don't need ID and don't even have to answer the door, the tech is just dropping of my phone at my door, they told me to ignore an email I recieved about an appointment, told me it's wrong. So the day of delivery the same Enjoy tech called me from last time, said I needed ID, I explained it was a confirmed drop off, he says no and If I'm not home with ID he will cancel, I was pretty firm in telling him I didn't need help upgrading the phone, i do it myself, he tried to upsell some insurance and products, to me it just seemed like he was doing what management told him to do. He was polite and I got my phone. He never asked to see my ID, so that was BS, he just asked for some numbers on it, used it as an excuse to try to get in my house to sell me stuff.. this is deceptive practices, if I wasn't home he would have canceled again. This is no way to do business, selling products in your home is from the 80s, 90s, nobody wants that anymore especially for an Iphone! Why can't customers have it shipped UPS or Fedex, why does a salesman have to show up at your door?

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

The Att&T enjoy program is Scam , and none of their employee are trust worthy.

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

also each time you call AT&T , every agent weather speak good english , they try to up sell- I wish the government do something about these practices.

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

no one should allow them to come inside your house or place business, God know what they set you up for , 

Constructive

Employee

• 

30.4K Messages

10 months ago

enjoy is a 3rd party delivery service they cant force their way into your home, you just say no thanks and close the door same as if someone calls you you can hang up, you cant be charged for something you never took possession of. Also just because a store has an at&t logo doesn't mean its a corporate store, you have to ask are you and authorized retailer or corporate owned.

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

So..I also had a bad experience with ENJOY. I added 2 new lines and purchased 2 new phones from AT&T.  The AT&T rep said that I would have to sign for my devices and made no mention that the phones would be delivered by ENJOY. I was told that once I received my devices I would have to go to att.com/activate and activate the lines.  I received an email from ENJOY to confirm my delivery appointment which I thought was strange.  Then I received a text stating that the rep would be delivering my device and was in the area if I wanted it delivered earlier.  Great!  She shows up but says she would have to activate the devices.  Asked if I wanted to do it outside or inside my home.  She tried to upsell me on accessories and asked if I wanted to upgrade the 2 existing phones on my plan since they were paid off. I declined on all.  I thought everything was fine. To my surprise, I received an email about 3 days later welcoming me to AT&T Protect Advantage, which was for 4 lines (keep in mind I only purchased 2 new phones) for $45/mo.  The rep made NO mention about a protection plan, fees, and what it was for.  I am so disgusted that they are so shady and will add extra charges to your service without discussing it with you.   I had to call AT&T and have it removed.   If AT&T is still using ENJOY when I'm ready to upgrade my other 2 devices, I may have to switch to a different company.

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

7 months ago

It wouldn't surprise me if the original rep added the Protect Advantage, since that's pretty common to do during a sale. 

But you're right, Enjoy is pretty much just a door-to-door sales rep you make an appointment with. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.