Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Need help understanding your bill?
S

• 

5 Messages

Friday, August 13th, 2021 12:29 AM

Closed

Enjoy Delivery Service is a SCAM

I ordered 3 phones and 3 plans with AT&T. Instead of shipping the phones to me, AT&T used a 3rd party, Enjoy Technology, to bring the phones to my home and set them up. Enjoy not only brings you the phones, but they also use high-pressure sales tactics to bully the consumer into purchasing additional products, accessories, and services you had already declined when ordering the phones. 

I immediately emailed Enjoy and told them to cancel the appointment and ship me the phones. Instead of honoring my request, they replied with a generic, pre-written response that purposely ignored my request. I emailed them 3 additional times with the same results. Enjoy then texted me to remind me of my appointment. I texted them back telling them I cancelled the appointment. An hour later they texted me again, again reminding me about the appointment I had now cancelled 6 times. 

Shockingly, after business hours, an Enjoy employee called and told me he was at my house for our appointment. I informed the Enjoy salesperson that I had cancelled the appointment 6 times before his arrival and he needed to leave. He responded that he’d have to call his supervisor to get permission to do so. Telling him that if he attempted to enter my property, I would have him attested for trespassing and hung up. Finally, an hour later, I received a cancellation email. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

31K Messages

1 year ago

Okay, what exactly is your motive, since you're questioning ours?

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I believe you. I purchased a new phone from AT&T and had it delivered by Enjoy 3 days ago thinking that the "experts" are AT&T employees. Found out today they're not by googling it. And why did I google? Because after 3 days, I received an email from Asurion Support welcoming me for subscribing to AT&T Protect Advantage with the new phone, at $40 per month! I never did... and I would never. The new phone I ordered is not even a new model, it's an old release. It's the Enjoy guy that set up my phone who did the subscription. Luckily I got the email early enough to cancel the subscription. Next time I order a phone from AT&T, never again will I have Enjoy deliver it to my house. I'd rather spend time setting the phone up myself than getting scammed again.

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

1 year ago

@airolg

According to every AT&T employee and every employee who works for an AT&T authorized reseller, including Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Sam's Club, and AT&T stores which say authorized retailer on the door but look like real AT&T stores until you read the door carefully, 90% of customers who upgrade through the store leave the store with both the next up $5 charge and insurance on every new phone purchase.

Many customers want it.  

Both insurance and the $5 next up charge can be removed by the customer online or by calling AT&T and requesting a credit and having these charges removed. However if you do not add these two items at the time of purchase, the next upcharge cannot be added at all and insurance has to be added within the first 30 days.

So in short, it's a lot easier to remove these unwanted Services after the fact, up to 120 days after the fact, but it is not possible to add them after the fact.

Best advice, read your bill every time you make changes or buy equipment. 

Being an educated consumer always benefits you.  As I say, "oh no, another learning experience".  

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I love how the (Edited per community guidelines) in here love to blame the victim. Enjoy is trash. You shouldn’t have to question a corporation that AT&T sends out! They’re acting on AT&Ts behalf.

like ffs the guy didn’t deserve this nonsense no matter what. The enjoy reps are garbage and they are liars and thieves. Fact is AT&T invited them into our lives by partnering. The end.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I also recently have had a really bad and misleading experience with Enjoy - and the person who I spoke with at the company to "field my feedback" was so disingenuous. To the customer - each interaction represents AT&T. I understand how third parties work and this is a relationship that AT&T should re-evaluate. 

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I had a really weird experience with Enjoy. I ordered drop off but a woman named Dolly showed up and wanted ID to ‘register’ the phone. I asked repeatedly what that meant but never got an answer. 

It may not be a scam but it looks very like a deceitful way to place a salesperson at your doorstep gathering personal data. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

30.4K Messages

1 year ago

How would they activate service without your info? You requested a drop off and they showed up. They asked for your I’d to confirm you were who was on the order 

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I can confirm that the Enjoy offering is a scam. My experience was different. The Enjoy rep is allowed to sell AT&T products, but they blatantly lie about promotions offered by AT&T. This puts AT&T in a bad position. I recommend AT&T end their contract with Enjoy as soon as possible.

The Enjoy rep sold me a new apple watch telling me that I was "eligible for a $400 trade in" given that I had the series 5 already. When I went to the AT&T store to activate this, I learned that the trade in offer was for $200 and the series 5 wasn't eligible for that promotion. The situation caused headaches for the AT&T team as they tried to figure out what went wrong on the Enjoy side. 

The Enjoy customer service dismissed me entirely. The company will fail, and I think AT&T should avoid being associated with it.

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I'm having issues where I ordered a new phone and Enjoy hasn't delivered it.....They haven't sent me any shipping details, no email, no phone call, and my "appointment" was supposed to have already happened. I went into AT&T to seek help and they just turned me away and said they couldn't do anything. I then reached out to the Enjoy customer support. They are claiming that they tried to schedule an appointment with me, but they couldn't contact me and my address was invalid. That's not true. My phone is crashing and I just wanted my upgrade. I'm now cancelling my order and placing a normal order through FedEx instead. This is so frustrating and predatory behavior. Thankfully, the Enjoy customer service has been very helpful. The whole time I thought my phone was just going to be delivered, not have a sales person attached that would need to have my gate code and everything else to show up to my house. The language on the AT&T website made it sound like it was just going to be delivered like a normal package. The rest of this was not communicated properly on the website, probably on purpose. 

I work in marketing and sales. While this might not be a scam because it is a legitimate company, it is predatory marketing and sales tactics used to manipulate and coarse the customer. Just deliver the phones. Stop the (Edited per community guidelines). 

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

31K Messages

11 months ago

This is so frustrating and predatory behavior

What you have described is indeed frustrating, but I see nothing here that could be categorized as "predatory."  You might want to look up the word.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.