Need help understanding your bill?
S

• 

5 Messages

Friday, August 13th, 2021 12:29 AM

Closed

Enjoy Delivery Service is a SCAM

I ordered 3 phones and 3 plans with AT&T. Instead of shipping the phones to me, AT&T used a 3rd party, Enjoy Technology, to bring the phones to my home and set them up. Enjoy not only brings you the phones, but they also use high-pressure sales tactics to bully the consumer into purchasing additional products, accessories, and services you had already declined when ordering the phones. 

I immediately emailed Enjoy and told them to cancel the appointment and ship me the phones. Instead of honoring my request, they replied with a generic, pre-written response that purposely ignored my request. I emailed them 3 additional times with the same results. Enjoy then texted me to remind me of my appointment. I texted them back telling them I cancelled the appointment. An hour later they texted me again, again reminding me about the appointment I had now cancelled 6 times. 

Shockingly, after business hours, an Enjoy employee called and told me he was at my house for our appointment. I informed the Enjoy salesperson that I had cancelled the appointment 6 times before his arrival and he needed to leave. He responded that he’d have to call his supervisor to get permission to do so. Telling him that if he attempted to enter my property, I would have him attested for trespassing and hung up. Finally, an hour later, I received a cancellation email. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 years ago

You've stated that Enjoy is a sales visit disguised as a customer service feature.

You've documented that it's hard to cancel an Enjoy appointment.

Your claim that it's a scam is thus far unsubtantiated.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Good lord if you never met them then how would you possibly even know they would have tried to upswell you?  

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Before doing business with any company I always research the company in question, in this case, Enjoy. From a former Enjoy employee found on indeed.com, “basically a door to door salesman. It’s not delivery it’s a sales position. Base pay with commission with the quota to hit everyday.“ Same source, another employee, “this is a high pressure sales job that involves being friendly to customers which they call "enjoyers". You are friendly to distract them , while you upsell them on insurance plans.” And finally from the same source, “Talk about bait & switch. They’ll tell you everything you want to hear.” I could continue to post HUNDREDS of former employees on indeed.com, glassdoor.com, and other sites who confirm my assertion that the point of the delivery is to upsell in order to earn a commission, NOT to set up phones, hence, SCAM. 

Perhaps it's just bitter, former employees who have an ax to grind with Enjoy, and that would be a valid point if it weren't for countless customers who have endured the bait and switch former employees have detailed. The Better Business Bureau gives Enjoy a D- rating. Here is what some of Enjoy’s victims have to say about the company according to bbb.org, “actively deploying scam artists into consumers' homes.” The complainant further expanded, “added services and features to my plan without discussion and approval to enrich himself, ”. From another bbb.com review, “come to your home under the pretense of setting up your phone but unfortunately I found out after the rep left that the whole purpose of them coming to my home was not to setup my phone but to upsell me insurance and cell phone chargers and cases.” Finally from bbb.com, “not only did he leave without delivering the phone, but he canceled the order completely, dishonestly stating "credit" issue.”

From enjoy.com, “we operate mobile retail stores”. To me, a mobile retail store would in fact have products to sell, not to “setup a phone”. If you enter someones home under false pretense, or a lie, you are attempting to scam, rob, physically harm them, or worse. There are numerous other examples of Enjoys blatant dishonesty all over the web from Google and Yelp reviews as well as lesser-known sites. But good lord, I believe the point has been documented, stated, and substantiated. Any other questions? 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 years ago

Car dealerships now offer routine maintenance "for free" for cars they sell for a period of time.  You think they do that as customer service?  No.  They do that so that they can "inspect your car" and offer you windshield wiper replacements, brake shoes, gas treatments, etc.  Is that a scam?  Not necessarily.  Only if you don't really need the services they offer you after the "courtesy inspection."

AT&T's chat support company also advertises themselves to businesses as an upsell opportunity, not on how good their customer service is.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Hundreds of former employees and victims of Enjoy have all confirmed, some directly using the word “scam”, others “bait and switch”, in addition to more colorful language to describe Enjoy’s shady business practices as outlined in my previous post with source information included. To attempt to justify Enjoy’s unethical business model by comparing it to a car dealership is beyond a stretch unless the dealership locates it's service department to your living room as Enjoy’s mobile store attempts to do. When dozens of former employees publically expose Enjoy’s tactics for what they are, also describing it as scam, I feel very comfortable taking them at their word as a direct witness to the practice. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 years ago

Lots of former employees say a lot of things about their former employers.  Many of those things are true.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Perhaps you have a reading or comprehension problem since I said the same thing in a previous post acknowledging that former employees may have an ax to grind. Although when dozens say the same thing, I tend to doubt it. I then went on to add that it's not only former employees who describe Enjoy as a scam. Countless consumers also use the exact same word, scam. But then again, consumers and customers also say a lot of things as well, as do you. They, however, tend to be able to discern the difference between setting up a phone and attempting to alter, without the knowledge of one of the signatories, a legally binding contract that Enjoy is not a party to. 

With that said, I leave you with the immortal words of Mark Twain, “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 years ago

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2019/02/19/fool/

AT&T also sends people out during some Internet installations to provide white glove customer service and "teach people how their system works."  It's the same spiel, they're really looking for the upsell.

My only gripe about your original post is that you seem to be on a crusade against Enjoy and you originally described it as a scam, but only gave evidence that it was hard to cancel.  To be honest, I have no opinion on them one way or another.  Your posts read like you're a former Enjoy employee.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

3 years ago

Of the reviews you chose to quote from, only one ("added services and features to my plan without discussion and approval") indicates any sort of unethical behavior even close to entering "scam" territory. 

The only information you have regarding Enjoy is second-hand from strangers using a medium expressly for posting negative experiences. That means anyone reading this post now has information "third-hand" from a stranger who's only information came second hand from strangers using a medium expressly for posting negative experiences. 

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Much like a previous poster, your reading and comprehension skills are lacking as is your understanding of first-hand sourcing. Attacking the source doesn't diminish the facts. You have been provided with the source and web address from those who have first-hand experience with Enjoy. They have detailed that first-hand experience in writing. The Better Business Bureau has investigated Enjoy on numerous occasions and have placed them in it's scam tracker section with a D- rating. I’m not sure what else you need unless your intentions, much like Enjoy, are hiding another motive. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.