Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 24th, 2020 3:16 AM

Door to door scam

Back in June of 2019 I had an At&t rep come to my house and offer a bundle with DirecTV. He promised that I would be saving money if I switched from Verizon to at&t. I'm not, I'm paying more than what he quoted me at. The rep also took my brand new Google pixel 3 and and iPhone and gave us a $250 credit. We all know those phones are worth more than that. In return he gave me a Samsung J7 which is worthless. He also mention that he would call Verizon and cancel my account and said at&t would pay it off. That didn't happen either. Come to find out now I'm in collections with Verizon for almost $1000! I went to an at&t store and told them what happened. They told me that they usually offer a rebate card. I've never received one nor did this guy mention one. I have called at&t and they told me that this happens a lot. That it's a normal thing. Why are you letting your reps do this? Scam people and commit fraud? These people are representing At&t and treating people this way. I've never had a problem with Verizon and I trusted this guy, but now this is what I have to deal with. Come to find out this guy doesn't work for at&t anymore, he's gone. Why? He took my phone's, probably my rebate card, and who knows what else. Please don't fall for this scam.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

he never worked for At&t he worked for a third party sales same as the kiosks in Walmart or Costco

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.