For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
dme543's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, January 19th, 2020 11:58 PM

Does AT&T care if they keep my business?

Doesn't look like it...

I sent this email to [email scrubbed] January 6th and have yet to receive a reply...

"To Whom It May Concern,

My family has a five line account and have been great customers of AT&T for years. My line, xxx xxx 0316, Samsung S8 is currently available an upgrade. AT&T is running a $300 special where I would receive $300 in credits toward my upgrade if the phone is in good working order and valued at $60. The challenge is my phone’s screen and back is cracked which reduces it’s trade in value to $40.

I spoke with Jasmine, a customer service representative at Elite Care Chicago (who was awesome by the way) who told me she understood my frustration that she could not do anything to help overcome the $20 trade in deficit and said I should email Elite Care.

I would think there would be an exception for a long time customer in a situation like this. I really don’t think AT&T would feel it’s a good business practice to lose $220 in monthly revenue over $20 dollars because I chose to take my business to a competitor. Nor do I think my negative experience would help AT&T’s reputation when people ask me about it. I work in business where reputation is everything, even on such as small scale as a single customer.

Please let me know if you help me in this matter. Feel free to call or email.

Regards,

David xxxxxxxx

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

This is not AT&T or how to reach them.

Since AT&T doesn't have any email for support, it doesn't surprise me you haven't received response, and I can't imagine where your email went.

If you use the trade-in calculator your phone with those damages does come in under $60. So you don't qualify for a promotion that requires a trade in worth at least $60.

I'm surprised your broken phone even comes it at $40. There's very little that can be done with a phone that's been that damaged.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

I was given the email by a customer service representative who told me to contact them and they may be able to help.
The reason I posted here was I've seen other posts that were answered by AT&T representatives.
My phone still works and I was told by in in store rep the value was $40, $20 below the value needed to get the $300 discount. I was also told they would have accepted it in December but they just changed the rules, accepting a larger variety of phones but increasing the minimum from $40 to $60.

• 

1 Message

No.. they don’t care to keep anyone’s business. And lizdance, why are you so rude? Do you really think the majority of people are so dumb they spend their time reading through and posting on these threads thinking it’s some magical direct line to the powers that be at AT&T? I’m here because I’m DESPERATE. I’ve spent hours on the phone with and on chat with AT&T reps and you know what it’s done? Nothing. None of my issues have even been looked into properly. And NO ONE there cares. Then there’s you commenting on everyone’s threads trying to make people feel stupid for desperately searching for help. It’s shameful.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I was asking myself the same question after just speaking with a customer service representative. They upgraded my plan without my knowledge and that increased my monthly bill. They claimed they send a notification of this "promotion" 60 days in advance where they will add 15G to the plan (but customer pays for it, of course). I did not get such notification as I would have said no. The first time I saw the extra charge, I called and asked to fix and they supposedly did but this is the second monthly bill I am getting charged extra. I asked for the credit and she adamantly (and quite rudely) said no multiple times. They think they have you in their pocket as a customer of 15+ years and can do whatever they like.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

@user54274 I guess you don't read the news you can use section of your bill? Att did a price increase which they are allowed to do. They added the extra data to be nice.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

Your local corporate store would be he best place to get resolution. That promotion you’re outlining is to add a line. As of 01/17/2020 it shows this detailed from the $300 upgrade offer:

Offer Requirements:

Consumer wireless customers on an eligible unlimited plan

Purchase an eligible new smartphone on an AT&T installment plan (or EIP)

Trade-in a smartphone (must meet $35 required minimum value)

The trade in value is lower for he upgrade offer. Hope that helps, see full details on www.att.com/deals

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.