For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
M

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 26th, 2020 1:15 PM

Do Voicemails Show Up on Call Log?

Hello,

I was reviewing my call log, and noticed that some calls that were made to me which went to voicemail are not appearing. I know for a fact that I received a call from a colleague at a specific date and time (the call is on his call log on his phone). However, when I look at my call log, the call isn't there.

Do calls that reach my voicemail still show up on my call log? Would there be any other reason that call wouldn't appear?

Thank you in advance!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Do calls that reach my voicemail still show up on my call log?

Only if a voicemail is left, I believe.

• 

2 Messages

That's the strange thing though. A voicemail was definitely left, but the call doesn't appear on my call log. I noticed it happened with a couple of other calls as well where a voicemail was left for me.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

The call log will not show the caller's number, because it was forwarded to your voicemail number. So what will appear as an incoming call that went to your voicemail number.

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

There are several factors, but the most common is if hey dialed you and your phone sent them to voicemail. It wouldn’t show because they never technically “rang”. In some cases it can be how the call was made - like iPhone to iPhone calls can be FaceTime audio and data only. I would go by a local corporate AT&T store to get a SIM card free of charge to verify you aren’t having service related issues in some areas.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.