Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
J

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 4:12 PM

Device unlock request denied - service not active for at least 60 days

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ that I purchased a year ago.  At the time I had an ATT post paid business account.  The phone was active on that account until about 2 months ago when I switched providers.  I sent in the unlock requested on 9/22/20 so that I can move this phone to the new provider and got back the message : "Based on your device purchase date your service has not been active for at least 60 days."  This confuses me.  The phone was active for way more that 60 days after I originally purchased the phone in 2019.  Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks, John.

Responses

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.1K Messages

a month ago

Did you fill out the request as a non-customer?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

I did.  That was really the only option.  

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.1K Messages

a month ago

Assuming you don't owe AT&T any money, call AT&T and ask for advanced technical support. That usually helps the problem. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.4K Messages

a month ago

I suspect the problem is that the phone was previously registered on a business account. Every time this comes up with the problem is their phone is permanently registered to that business account. The only way to get the phone unlocked is to have the business process the unlocked for you.

Did you move the phone and your phone number to an AT&T consumer account two months ago?  (before porting out) 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

I did not move from business to consumer account first.  Also, I ported out 5 other phones from the same business account with no issues.  Not sure why this one is different.  

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

So I called att, they said because I originally purchased the phone from Samsung, Samsung would have to unlock it not att.  Now of the other phones I unlocked with no problem, I'm pretty sure several of them were also bought directly from Samsung.  Anyone ever had to go to directly to Samsung to carrier unlock?

(edited)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

a month ago

Samsung did not report to ATT that they sold the phone.  So ATT gives out a error like you see.  Samsung can't unlock a phone and the reps should know that

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

Yeah, that makes sense.  I did call Samsung and of course, no, they cannot unlock an ATT device.  Called ATT back, to a different tech, and they are escalating to have the device manually unlock by a tech.  They said it would take 1-2 weeks.  We'll see what happens.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

a month ago

or just pay a unlocking service.  20 bucks is worth not dealing with ATT customer don't care departments.

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

Well att pleasantly surprised me this time.  It wasn't 5 minutes after I talked to them that they emailed me the unlock code.  Miracles can happen!

Get started...

Ask a new question