Need help understanding your bill?
patg911's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 2nd, 2022 2:33 PM

Device payment plan to add a line for 2 month old account

Hello, I am an AT&T employee trying to add a line to my account. There are 3 existing lines, all of which are on device payments, and would like to add a 4th line on device payment as well. 

When I do the credit run, the system is requiring a payment in full. My credit score is excellent and I have unfrozen all 3 credit bureaus to ensure that is not the issue. 

I have made several attempts this week to add the line, and have spoken with customer care who said I MUST go into a store for a resolution. Before I go waste anyone's time at a retail location, could I request someone in the credit department to take a look at my account. I think a manual review will be needed to resolve whatever issue this is. 

Thank you!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

this is a customer populated forum not at&t

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

If you're an employee of AT&T you should know that a community forum is largely customer populated and it is not a way to get an answer directly from AT&T support.

For the ordinary customer, my reply would be that you if you are a 2-month-old customer you have not yet been cleared to add new lines and extend your credit beyond it's current limit.

This is typical for any store credit. Your credit limit was set when you brought over your first three lines. Once there is a consistent record of payment, your internal credit score with AT&T would increase and you would be able to add new lines with new installments.

It's Not Unusual for new accounts to have a 90-day window before your internal credit can be increased.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

At best you will get a reply from ATTHelp and whether or not they can do anything about credit, I don’t know.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.