Need help understanding your bill?
Pickoo_prashant's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 4th, 2023 7:03 PM

Closed

Denied new account service for no reason

I had my most frustrating experience with AT&T just now. I was on a call with them for over an hour trying to switch from T-Mobile and bring in 2 lines. After spending an hour the fraud lady comes on the line and says your application is denied without giving any reason. ? I have lived same address for 7 years , an existing customer for internet , T-Mobile phones I am trading in are paid and account is paid off. My credit score is over 800 and they still denied. Outrageous !! 

1 Message

5 months ago

So I’m not alone.   I wasted an hour yesterday going through this process.  So frustrated with AT&T!

4 Messages

2 months ago

I wasted five hours trying to add a new line to our account that already had 5 phones and was denied by the fraud department because I was sending it to my address and paid with my own dam card. For a family plan, I guess all member need to be in the same house. Also, I am authorized on the account to make changes to all phones. Att is such a rip off services, it's crazy. As soon as the phone on the account a paid off I am closing to account. Been with att for over 10 years. They don't know how to treat customers or explain what the problem is. 

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

2 months ago

@Dmac244 

🤦🏼‍♀️

Yeah and you're going to have the same problem with the other service providers as well. Sending all merchandise to the address of record on the account is kind of a fraud prevention requirement.

I have people on my account who do not live with me. If my service provider sent a phone to them I'd be (Edited per community guidelines)

(edited)

4 Messages

2 months ago

The funny thing about this is I was sending the phone to me. The authorize user on the account. The person who handles the account. 

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

2 months ago

The funny thing about this is I was sending the phone to me. The authorize user on the account. The person who handles the account. 

@Dmac244 

Authorized user?  Or do you mean account owner and the account bill is in your name and your address?  

An authorized user is somebody who is authorized by the owner of the account to make selected transactions on the account. It's not the same as being the account owner.   An authorized user doesn't have to live in the same address. An authorized user is not named on the bill, nor is their address approved for shipping

4 Messages

2 months ago

I got an S23 shipped to my address 7 months ago, which is the phone I am using now. What's the difference now?

2 Messages

24 days ago

I have been a customer with ATT&T for a few years on the consumer side. I just started a business and tried to bring my lines over (3 lines) and after 2 hours on the phone. Fraud department jumps on and says cant open the account with no reason and have a nice day . Disappointed with this treatment 

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

24 days ago

@moetaylor99 Please don't post in multiple places. See responses to the thread you started here: ‎Denied business account | AT&T Community Forums (att.com)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.