Need help understanding your bill?
btd0613's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 18th, 2016 12:55 PM

Data overage

Anyone else disgusted by the messages from ATT about adding to our bill for data usage during the weekend storms in S LA. We have no service for couple of days and then off and on for couple more. No way to stay up to date with flooding, roads, family, etc..without using your phone. Wifi was down everywhere so everyone trying to use the data to get information. I had to use my friends Verizon phone which never lost signal to speak to family and work. We get messages that we are going over data limit and ATT is charging us more money. While my Verizon friends are getting messages from Verizon that they are giving them free data to help out during this time. Maybe we all should look into Verizon for Customer Service and understanding.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Will I receive a discount ?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I did keep it nice! I was in no way rude, but done tell me my family wasn't affected by the flooding!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Heartlessppl

did you read the included parishes ?

image.jpeg

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Ever message I see about credits deal with postpaid customers. What about those of us that have prepaid? Are we any less of a customer just because we don't want to sign a contract? And the link (http://about.att.com/newsroom/network_disaster_recovery_louisiana.html) that provides  additional information actually mentions prepaid but only states a credit for Aug. 15-28 unlike Aug. 14-28 for postpaid. And this isn't the only difference I've found in the treatment of prepaid and postpaid customers. Postpaid customers are getting a 50% credit on all services while prepaid customers are only getting a cedit for voice and text (NOT data). Last time I checked I am still a paying customer regadless if I pay before or after services.

Terika McGowan

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

My daughter had to upgrade to 15 GB because no where and I mean nowhere does AT&T recognize WIFI, not even in our own house.  Yet, it always says it is connected.  Go figure. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@pamela7989

What does that mean?  If you mean your devices don't connect to your home wifi, then trouble shoot your home wifi.  The problem is with your home wifi, not the phones.

There are many reasons a device won't connect to wifi.  From as silly as 'no one entered the passcode to connect' , updates to the router, poor or unstable wifi.  If cellular is far better, your phone would choose cellular over wifi.  To force a connection it would be necessary to turn cell data off at home.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@trmcgowan98

@trmcgowan98 wrote:

Ever message I see about credits deal with postpaid customers. What about those of us that have prepaid? Are we any less of a customer just because we don't want to sign a contract? And the link (http://about.att.com/newsroom/network_disaster_recovery_louisiana.html) that provides  additional information actually mentions prepaid but only states a credit for Aug. 15-28 unlike Aug. 14-28 for postpaid. And this isn't the only difference I've found in the treatment of prepaid and postpaid customers. Postpaid customers are getting a 50% credit on all services while prepaid customers are only getting a cedit for voice and text (NOT data). Last time I checked I am still a paying customer regadless if I pay before or after services.

Terika McGowan

Any unused data would roll over.  You aren't charged for data overage.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I connect to WI-FI constantly, and yes it is connected. My phone never goes over about a gig a month, nor my kids who is on same account. Yet in the last 2 weeks I have blown over 5 gigs of data???????  Hogwash, in a big way. According to my phone I have used 326 MB since the 24th yet I am bumping the limit of 3 gig? Ya'll need to get your billing house in order because something is not right. And I see these complaints everywhere online too. "A very frustrated customer".

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.