Need help understanding your bill?
novustiro's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 1st, 2016 1:01 PM

Closed

Customer Service Feedback

I had a terrible expereince with a customer service rep. I have called and used online chat with several different companies, never had a rep yell at me and hang up. If you chose a person like that to represent AT&T, I'd rather find another option. Do you record calls or ever listen to them? 

I called in twice after that to leave feedback, I was told a supervisor will callback. It's been 4 days, this is my third and final attempt to give this feedback.

I certainly feel that no one at AT&T wants to hear the feedback or even listen to the call/language that was used aganist me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

• My mother has been an Att customer for 20 years, so I know what this compnay is all about. Over the recent years the company has made efforts to improve their brand and customer service. The efforts have failed. It is never easy to speak with someone over the phone about discrepancies. The process to obtain internet or t.v. is almost impossible.  There is also one thousand maticullious steps to do anything. I have tried to get internet and cable for the past month. The very first day for my installation the technician never showed up and I never received a courtesy call. I have then had to reschedule many time due to the limited technician availability. Charter and att have joined together to resolve some of these issues, again however this merge did not improve much. Finally after several rescheduled the technician came to my house this morning and informed me I had the wrong address for my installation. I then called the customer support to cancel my service, I was on hold for a minutes, and when I finally got to speak with a representative, she was being extremely pushy and tried to convince me to not cancel. This happens any time one requests to have the service cancled!! (My mom does it all the time, dont believe me, call customer support and ask to cancle service), and watch to see how pushy they become to preserve their commissions. He said that I could still get cable but not the internet unless I changed my address. I started for the nearest att store and told the story of my hiccup that is messing up my order. They also fed me some bull about how my neighbors address I originally put down is qualified for both internet and cable, but my (house 10 feet away) only qualified for cable. They suggested that I do two orders and they could work something out. A refund was issued to my credit card, and then I was informed I would have to pay again today to resubmit the order with the correct address. Keep in mind refunds on credit cards take 3-5 business days. I am sorry to inform the company I will never have att or charter and will not recommend this service to any other person. I will inform my mother to terminate her internet/phone and cable fuel to the unprofessionalism and mismanagement.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My mother has been an Att customer for 20 years, so I know what this compnay is all about. Over the recent years the company has made efforts to improve their brand and customer service. The efforts have failed. It is never easy to speak with someone over the phone about discrepancies. The process to obtain internet or t.v. is almost impossible.  There is also one thousand maticullious steps to do anything. I have tried to get internet and cable for the past month. The very first day for my installation the technician never showed up and I never received a courtesy call. I have then had to reschedule many time due to the limited technician availability. Charter and att have joined together to resolve some of these issues, again however this merge did not improve much. Finally after several rescheduled the technician came to my house this morning and informed me I had the wrong address for my installation. I then called the customer support to cancel my service, I was on hold for a minutes, and when I finally got to speak with a representative, she was being extremely pushy and tried to convince me to not cancel. This happens any time one requests to have the service cancled!! (My mom does it all the time, dont believe me, call customer support and ask to cancle service), and watch to see how pushy they become to preserve their commissions. He said that I could still get cable but not the internet unless I changed my address. I started for the nearest att store and told the story of my hiccup that is messing up my order. They also fed me some bull , about how my neighbors address I originally put down is qualified for both internet and cable, but my (house 10 feet away) only qualified for cable. They suggested that I do two orders and they could work something out. A refund was issued to my credit card, and then I was informed I would have to pay again today to resubmit the order with the correct address. Keep in mind refunds on credit cards take 3-5 business days. I am sorry to inform the company I will never have att or charter and will not recommend this service to any other person. I will inform my mother to terminate her internet/phone and cable fuel to the unprofessionalism and mismanagement.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

4 years ago

@airejames1, that’s a lot of information. 

As a former call center employee, it should not be difficult to order service. Technician availability is similar to airline overbooking. They know a certain number of people won’t be home, so they book extra appointments. If everyone shows, someone gets screwed. It sucks for those people. 

Charter and AT&T are unrelated. AT&T bought DirectTV; Charter bought Brighthouse and Time Warner (cable) and is now branded as Spectrum. 

Of course employees will try to convince you not to cancel; why wouldn’t they?

If they can’t offer service everywhere based upon distance, there will always be a cut off point. It might seem arbitrary, but it is what it is. It’s kind of like there’s rain at one point but a meter away there is nothing.  

If you entered a wrong address, that’s on you. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I ordered DirecTV back in February it showed that it came with a year free of NFL Sunday Ticket but I am now being charged for it and the customer service rep said that it was supposedly A reduced price for NFL Sunday Ticket but I have a screenshot showing that there was no charge to be added for NFL Sunday Ticket I put the screenshot up but I can't figure out your picture upload. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

$148.98 was supposedly the reduced price

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Horrible service, dropped wireless on my way to drop DirecTV.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Customer service reps are HORRIBLE!!!!!!! After speaking to an off shore rep Vivian (vg0985) I asked to speak with an on shore rep. so that I could provide my credit card for an update on my automatic withdrawal. She refused and transferred me to a “manager” with the agent Is ca165a who was another offshore rep. And she also refused to transfer me. After being on the phone for almost an hour, I hung up. I then called back and spoke with a rep. Who refused to say if they were on an off shore and said for me to hang up and call back. After I hung up, I received calls back to back from (Phone number hidden) and it would just be silent. I had to block the number so my phone wouldn’t ring off the hook. I’ve never experienced such a horrible experience in my life! Come on AT&T......you can do better!

(edited)

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello.

Although the AT&T service is great, their customer service is terrible. In all of the interactions I've had, I've only had one turn out positive with a good resolution on the first try.

Most experiences, such as my current one, the rep has had a poor attitude (such as breathing heavily or grunting into the phone after I make a request). I've also been cut off several times when trying to ask a question.

Customer service is extremely important when trying to keep a customer. I'll probably be looking elsewhere for internet service after my move is complete. Very disappointing to say the least.

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

AT&T is horrible service - I agree; they are just a RIP OFF - what a horrible organization it has become; I am going to switch to another provider - I was here for customer service - their insurance policy is horrible and terrible terrible customer service

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

@snarayanappa1
AT&T uses the same insurance provider as Verizon, T-Mobile, and most other mobile service providers
Asurion.
AT&T is not an insurance provider. Asurion is a separate, Independant business. If you have a problem with insurance you have to take it up directly with Asurion, AT&T does not control the insurance provider

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We are in the middle of a pandemic crisis, where staying in touch with family is critical. My husband’s phone has been locked by AT&T going on 4 days. How horrible can you be. We have sick family members, and he can’t even contact them or be contacted. Would you please unlock his phone. We’ve submitted two requests. We talked to Apple and they have nothing to do with the blocked phone—which is what you are claiming. He owns the phone and has no outstanding payments due. What is the problem. And why is it taking so long, and why did you lock his phone in the first place?!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

@Ljkoch
All phones purchased through AT&T, AT&T branded phones, or financed through AT&T are locked until all Financial Obligations are complete.
Unless you have purchased a device that specifically is sim-free and unlocked, it will be carrier locked.
All carriers lock for at least 60 days (including Verizon)
It's SOP.
It is a lot easier to unlock an AT&T phone if you are an existing customer rather than a former customer. I suspect you left AT&T with a locked phone, and now you are stuck. There are ways to make a graceful exit, by getting your phone unlocked before you port your numbers out. Proper planning

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.