Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Nov 1, 2016 1:01 PM

Customer Service Feedback

I had a terrible expereince with a customer service rep. I have called and used online chat with several different companies, never had a rep yell at me and hang up. If you chose a person like that to represent AT&T, I'd rather find another option. Do you record calls or ever listen to them? 

I called in twice after that to leave feedback, I was told a supervisor will callback. It's been 4 days, this is my third and final attempt to give this feedback.

I certainly feel that no one at AT&T wants to hear the feedback or even listen to the call/language that was used aganist me.

Responses

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

I would say that ATT customer service is a notch above Verizon. I have dealt with both Verizon and ATT for many years. Let me put is this way, I still have Verizon's on-hold music ringing in my ears; 9.5 hours total.. ATT appears to me as more professional and less clueless than Verizon. I'm only a Ph.D so I am in throwing in my less than two cents. KM7KK.com

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Two weeks ago my cable TV went down due to weather and I called customer support and Raymond (RE876U) helped me and got my cable back on... well done!

He could not have been nicer or more professional.

PP

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

I upgraded my phone and was sent a label to return the existing phone. It went to the wrong place (again, supplied by AT&T) and I received a text saying I would be charged $300 for the missing phone. When I called, I was bounced around several times. I still had to repeat the story (and the 30 digit tracking number) every time I was transferred. I had to hold why the rep got "authority" from another department to do something or while another department "researched" the issue. Turns out they had my phone all along. Despite doing what I was supposed to do (return the phone within 10 days of getting the new phone using the label At&T provided me) I spent exactly 1 hour, 10 minutes and 47 seconds on the phone with them fixing an issue that actually never existed. Now, each representative I spoke to was pleasant and I know I wasn't. I told them I understood it wasn't their fault but the fact is this took way too much time to fix. To me this is a perfect example of how AT&T feels about its customers. They don't respect our time. If you want to provide good customer service you need to empower employees to actually serve the customer. I shouldn't have to have to be transferred to a different department to put in a "lost phone request", the person I talked to and told my story to the first (or at least second) time should be able to submit that request for me. I shouldn't have to wait for the rep I am talking to to get authorization to remove a charge from my account because "it is a lot of money" (no kidding, that is why I am calling about being charged for it) after she has been told the phone was actually delivered and the returns department has it. Why do I have to wait another 20 minutes for that?? Ridiculous. This shows that a company doesn't have to give a crap about its customers and it only has to care that it sucks less at customer services than its competition. Horrible. 

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

I am experiencing almost the exact same issue with two trade ins and I have been dealing with it for 10 MONTHS! Ready to take legal action because after reading numerous postings this is a pattern with ATT giving the wrong information to customers about trade ins and blaming the customer and the customer then being out of the phones which were traded in and then being charged the full price for the new phones. Its absolutely insane.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

I specifically referenced the dozens of similar complaints about the wrong address that appear on this forum to each rep I spoke with and not one of them had a response or even acknowledged it was an issue. Yet they kept me on the line for an over an hour to solve a problem they created. I’m still considering reporting the practice to the BBB, bit again, they are a huge company and know that not much is going to happen to them. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I agree with your assessment of AT&T customer service.  I have dealt with two (2) other carriers as well and  have concluded their ineptness and mitigated problem solvability skills are very much universal.  These companies seem to turn a blind-eye to all the negative feedback they receive; for reasons unknown.

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

GREAT EXPERIENCE! Martina was great she helped me with my issue of getting my screen fixed. It has been extremely frustrating. GREAT EMPLOYEE definetly deserves a raise. EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL and very helpful. Thank you Martina! I will continue to be an AT&T customer. 

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

Second guessing moving my wireless services to AT&T. I tried first online. The website refused to log me in or keep items in the cart or put more items in the cart. I tried different browsers and computers. Today I woke up early and got on the phone. I was immediately transferred to a "supervisor"  that took two hours to place my order for a phone a watch and three accessories! I was told she would call me back once she contacted another department to order a hot spot. She never called me back. No confirmation email nothing! So after an hour I started to call back. After 30 minutes on hold I had the number to the "mobile internet department" I was told by the "supervisor" in the previous call I could share my unlimited data plan with the hot spot. NOT so they want $50.00 plus for 3 GB! I was able to obtain the order number. After another hour of trying to get the website to check my order I find out two of the accessories the "supervisor" ordered were completely wrong items! Another 45 minutes on hold and transfers I was told another supervisor will call me back within two hours. That was three hours ago!!! Tell me why I shouldn't cancel my order and run away as fast as I can??? Almost 12 hours and still simply trying to place a order! This by the way was just the highlights of the problems from AT&T today on this simple order!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Just got a text from AT&T that "We've been enhancing our wireless network near you! This should help you stay connected and experience faster speeds" and I have to speak up. I still get only 1-2 bars at home (e.g., no change) even though I'm only just over 3 miles from nearest tower. No mountains/hills or tall buildings in between. Wish this "enhancement" could have addressed signal strength!

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I called AT&T today to check for a plan, and ask some questions. While I was talking the operator ended the call without answering my questions. I am very dissapointed. 

• 

1 Message

a month ago

AT&T ASSISTING IDENTITY THIEVES AND SPREADING COVID

Last week identity thieves called AT&T and asked to change the pass code for my account.  AT&T was happy to do that for them.  With my pass code they were able to get my number transferred to their SIM.  With my phone number they were able to hack into my email and change the password on my bank account. 

AT&T sent me a Text Message alerting me that they were transferring my phone number to a different SIM and if I didn't request that I should call 800 number which I immediately did, but I couldn't get through because my phone had "no service".  Guess why.  When I did get hold of a phone, I called the number and reported the fraud.  I then spent SEVERAL HOURS talking to various unhelpful representatives of AT&T trying to get my phone number back.  The best they could do is tell me that a trouble ticket was created, and unfortunately the people that actually do work for AT&T all went home for the night, but my phone should be working the next morning.

When it got to be noon the next day and still no service, I decided to drive the 11 miles to the nearest AT&T store, located at 795 Eagles Ct, Sullivan, MO 63080.  The AT&T employees there were ABSOLUTELY USELESS and could only call the same customer rep numbers I spent all evening with the night before. 

What horrified me was that the were practicing no precautions against spreading the virus.  NO MASKS, NO SANITIZER, NO SOCIAL DISTANCING!  The person "assisting me" actually handled my phone and handed it back to me.

I am absolutely mortified by the experience.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU AT&T!?  There's a pandemic going on, haven't you head?

• 

1 Message

a month ago

We have had so much trouble with your service. No one would take the time to help us get our tv running. Crystal ID CE883N was the very best. She spent 3 hours with us until our service worked. I don’t know if you do something for outstanding employees but she sure was. She was kind and understanding with my husband and myself.  She is from Las Vegas. 

Get started...

Ask a new question