Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Help for account, billing & more
dogpark's profile

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jul 2, 2022 1:47 AM

Customer Service Asking Personal Questions

I called customer service today to ask about the increase in my bill.  The customer service representative was quite chatty.  He wanted to know if I had plans for the long weekend, what I do for a living, specifics about my job, and then asks if I have children.  I said no.  That should be that.  But no.  He goes on to ask if that means not yet or never.  Excuse me?!  I was shocked and mortified and needed his assistance in lowering my bill - I answered him.  WHY IS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE ASKING IF I PLAN TO HAVE CHILDREN?!  He triggered my past traumas.  I've been upset all day.

ACE - Expert

• 

22.8K Messages

1分前

I can see how personal questions like that can be upsetting but you just have to say "I'm really not comfortable with those kinds of questions."

I'm sure they meant no harm.

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.7K Messages

1分前

Just small talk 

• 

2 Messages

1分前

You all need training on the definition of "small" talk.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

1分前

I'm from New England. We return calls from people who dialed the wrong number and left a voicemail message. I have exchanged life stories with completely anonymous callers who were very apologetic.  I have discussed everything from natural disasters to what I feed my pets with 'support/customer service'.  

You being triggered is lack of boundaries on your part.  If you did not wish to discuss your personal life with someone who does not know you on the phone, do not answer any personal questions. Nothing, nyet, nada.   

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.