For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
M

• 

6 Messages

Monday, January 27th, 2020 1:32 AM

Customer loyalty department a sham?

Currently have 4 phones off contract and looking to upgrade to of them. Have been an ATT customer forever but being off contract I figured I would shop a little. Chatted with ATT customer service, which was great, at the end of the conversation she told me she would have her manager call me so they could get me connected to the "customer loyalty" department. After another 15 min he offered me the same incentives as their normal customer service. I told them I know I can save more money with Verizon but offer me something to keep me - do not have to match it just make me feel better about staying.

Anyone else had this experience?

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

I would visit your local AT&T corporate store to find the best solution. Waiting on someone to call you probably isn't as reliable and even if they give you a deal, how would you follow up with anyone? There are a lot of deals for upgrading for current loyal customers, some require trade in of old device and some not. You can see most through www.att.com/deals or visit or call store.

• 

6 Messages

@mobilemax

Thanks Mobile - will try this at the weekend.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

@mobilemax

retention's is the only place he is going to get a deal period. A store is a waste of time and effort as they have to go by the pricing model in the store aka sticker price. Retention's can give a customer a 24 month contract which a store can't.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

And your complaint is?
Phone deals are not to save us money. They are to add new business, steal customers from other carriers, and make a profit off selling us new services.
The purpose of any deal is for there to be something in it for both parties. If you want something new from AT&T, they are looking for something new from you. It's the same with all the other carriers, they don't give something for nothing.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

no, but if anyone has an answer that would be great. I've never seen a company so difficult to get in touch with a live person. I asked for the loyalty department. Person REFUSED to transfer me and said she could help as she was in billing. She certainly did not. I've been on hold or waiting for a "call back" all day. It's ridiculous. 

I receive excellent care at our At&t store which is probably the only reason I continue to use them because their customer care is terrible by phone. If anyone knows of a number to call the loyalty department, please post. Sorry I was no help to you but I'm beginning to believe there is no such department!

As far as the response below, I wish they would allow the stores to help more with billing. Ready to cancel it all at this point.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

3 years ago

If you call and say you want to cancel, you should get transferred to Loyalty immediately.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you because actually after dealing with the automated system etc that was my plan. 
I actually FINALLY was able to connect to the loyalty department so they do exist. A very nice young man by the name of Manny was able to help me resolve the issue quickly. Wish they had more representatives like him. 
Appreciate your feedback! 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am so thankful someone has finally asked about this! That thing is really frustrating, and I hope the things will go better from now on. Lucky for me, I have found myself in some other domain already. I am a freelancer now, if someone was asking, and I’m doing marketing and data analysing. My starting point was this blog https://blog.coupler.io/net-promoter-score-calculation/ and, as for a lot of people here, the quarantine. Damn, so much free time that I was tired of PlayStation and all the Netflix series. I knew I have to do something more, so I did, congratulations for me! Wish you luck, guys, hope you will also find your place under the sun. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same situation in 2021 April 16 through the 30th and it still going on! Including the fact that I am disabled, on oxygen, it’s difficult for me to have to repeat myself over and over and over and the customer service agent transfers me to someone that can really help me and I have to repeat over and over again shame on 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

It’s been going on since 2016 and currently is happening from 

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

afraid to say but no...att themselves are the sham. i've never dealt with their community (Edited per community guidelines) but am forced to as you can't reach these (Edited per community guidelines). i installed a wifi cam on my truck for backing up. i had it powered but it would need a wifi connection to be complete. i called att asking how to add the cam to my netgear wifi box. all of my blah blah to agent #1 who brings in agent #2 who then asks for my account number because my phone i gave him was not for an att account! so here's agent #3... really? i've only been here for over 20 years...i just paid my bill $282.00 where did that go? let me get my sup...ah the sup...aka agent #4 or a better title would be ignorant (Edited per community guidelines) #1 sice he's douglass the boss. he tells me i'm not with att and here's a number to att fixed services they'll help. click. douglass closed chat on me. the sup douglass closed chat.

[EDITED per Community Guidelines]

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Customer loyalty dept. was much better with Spectrum (formerly Warner Cable). They would transfer your call upward until someone could give you some kind of discount. AT&T customer loyalty's standard line is this, "You're already receiving every discount available." If you ask me, I agree...they are a sham. Those people are getting paid to do absolutely nothing except to tell you that, "You are the best part of AT&T." 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.