Need help understanding your bill?
SpongeKA's profile



1 Message

Saturday, October 19th, 2013 9:30 PM

Converting from arrears to advance billing without losing unlimited data

Recently married and need to move my spouse's number from his parents family plan onto mine.

Both of us have unlimited data, but their account is billed in advance and mine is in arrears, which prevents us from moving the line. How do I change my account to advance billing so that we can move the number over?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution




294 Messages

9 years ago

Customer care would create a new account number and move your phone number to the new account and bill you in advance. You'd be able to keep your unlimited data in that situation. 


But, the fact that your spouse's number is on a different account, your spouse would lose the unlimited data anyways. A transfer of billing responsibility would move your spouse's number over, but grandfathered plans are not allowed when doing a transfer of billing responsibility. Your spouse would be required to choose a data plan that's currently available.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.