Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jkim2222's profile

1 Message

Friday, September 8th, 2023 11:56 PM

Complaint about the International Day Pass

What in the world is the point of touting that AT&T is willing to cap the day pass charges at 10 days? I happen to be traveling for 20 days and realized that my billing cycle is exactly 10 days into the trip. Which means that I absolutely will be charged DOUBLE and not benefit from their 10 day maximum policy. That is already quite an outrageous price for 24 hours of usage - and they offer no alternatives, such as purchasing a month long pass instead of having to pay for each day individually. What a ripoff and thanks AT&T, by pinching every possible cent from your customers so you can pay your executives millions of dollars while treating your customers like poop. 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

9 months ago

Well if you realize this far enough in advance you could have your bill cycle changed. It would mean a couple of wonky bills but at least your bill cycle would entirely be covered for the international day pass.

International day pass only charges you when you use it.

You could turn off data roaming, not accept phone calls, and not send any text messages unless you are connected to Wi-Fi and using Wi-Fi call and text.   

On the other hand if you absolutely need to use your phone every single day, $10 a day, $200 is a small price to pay for a 20-day vacation where you've paid  thousands for airfare, hundreds for hotel, and several hundred more for meals souvenirs etc.   It's kind of a small drop in the bucket if you need to stay connected that badly.

1 Message

9 months ago

To : formerlyknownas

I didn't realize we have to be Att wizards to calculate billing cycles. Assuming that someone spent thousands of dollars on the trip and can't afford $200 is ridiculous. $200 is a lot of money for phone service. People abroad  pay $15 a month for the same services we pay here in the US.

On top of that if Att charges $10 day you'd think they have resources to notify that the pass was activated and the time remaining for the day. Long way to improve this service...

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

9 months ago

I didn't realize we have to be Att wizards to calculate billing cycles.

Is there a reason you couldn’t look at your bill online?

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

9 months ago

Remind me never to voluntarily offer perspective  or let people know that there are workarounds  

SMH

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

9 months ago

I’m just excited to think that I might be a wizard just because I know how to look at my bill (and billing cycle) on line.  🤪

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

9 months ago

@skeeterintexas 

🧙🏼‍♀️

I was the girl who got all the extra credit on her math test in 10th grade algebra and ruined the curve for everyone else.  Calculus, no clue.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

9 months ago

So, YOU were the one!  😜

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.