Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
JordanSteg5's profile

1 Message

Saturday, April 13th, 2024 6:32 PM

Charged for International Call I didn’t make

Is there a scam going on with AT&T? My phone bill was $126 higher because I was charged for an outgoing international call that I did not make. The only resolution I was given was to add a 15 a month international call fee which I do not need because I don’t make international calls. I never called anyone out of the country nor do I use any apps like WhatsApp. Is this happening to anyone else? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

1 month ago

Well before you engage with AT&T any further, please read the usage report on your bill, and the bill itself which would indicate any long distance aka International calls, and billing for same.

Your usage report should show which phone numbers were considered long distance. Then do a Google search of those phone numbers to see if you recognize the business or person. 

It may turn out you did indeed make a long distance phone call You just didn't realize it.  

If the phone number is completely unrelated to any person or business that you have ever used, then try a better business bureau complaint online. The complaint is forwarded back to AT&T upper management and someone will call you. They may not give you any better offer than the $15 add-on, but at least that's something to reduce the charges. And they may be able to explain why you are being charged for the numbers that are on your bill and give you more insight as to why you've been charged 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.