For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
T

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 13th, 2020 7:17 PM

Changing Plans Questions I couldnt find answers to online

1.  does the Unlimited Elite work if you don't have a 5G phone?

2.  if i am not in a long term contract now, if i change plans, will a new contract be started or will i continue to be on a month to month?

3.  is there a fee to change plans (activation, etc)?

4.  will billing continue on the same schedule?

5.  will i recieve a credit for the remainder of the current billing and then recieve a new full bill for the new plan?  In otherwords, will i loose anything i've already paid?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

1. does the Unlimited Elite work if you don't have a 5G phone? Yes.

2.  if i am not in a long term contract now, if i change plans, will a new contract be started or will i continue to be on a month to month? There are no service contracts anymore. You stay month to month.

3.  is there a fee to change plans (activation, etc)? No.

4.  will billing continue on the same schedule? Yes.

5.  will i recieve a credit for the remainder of the current billing and then recieve a new full bill for the new plan?  In otherwords, will i loose anything i've already paid? If the change is during a bill cycle, your charges for that bill cycle will be prorated. You will get credit for unused days of the old plan and charges for the remaining days of that month for the new plan.  In other words, no, you don’t lose anything. You can schedule the change to start on the next bill cycle, if you want. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Great! Thanks!

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

A specific phone number that attached owns. If I change over can I get that number?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.