Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
summer90's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 6:08 PM

Change Account Owner to a different user on the account

I would like to update the account owner to a different person that is listed on the account as an authorized user. It's the same account, I just want the owner to be one of the other users. How do I go about doing that?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12K Messages

2 m مضت

att.com/tobr

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

2 m مضت

Do a transfer of billing responsibility 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.8K Messages

2 m مضت

Just be aware that changing the account owner could result in having to change plans. If you currently have a grandfathered plan, the new owner might have to change to a current plan when they accept the transfer. Is there a specific reason you need to change the account owner? You can grant account permissions that basically allows them to do anything on the account without actually changing the account owner.

• 

2 Messages

2 m مضت

@sandblaster - I'm not the current owner, but I'm set up as an authorized user, etc. I now handle all billing and any information comes to me. The account owner is my grandmother (I've been on the account for around 13 years), and she's not in great health so we've started making sure things were taken care of, but like I said, I manage the account in totality and I didn't want to lose the account or anything associated with the account. I have a signature plan through work that is also attached to the account, but I think I'm on the newest account type so I wouldn't have to worry about being grandfathered, just all the other things I'd lose, like needed to pay off phones and our voicemails. I don't have any issues managing the account, so I suppose I'll leave it like it is. I'm not ready to deal with everything that comes with transferring the billing responsibility right now. Thank you for the help! 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.