For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Nursenice's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 9th, 2019 4:00 PM

Cannot add an Authorized User

We have tried for days to add an authorized user to our account. 5 phones...onevwas stolen. In order to purchase a new phone, must be an authorized uset. Neither app nor customer service is wirking out

i think they have scripts including that it is the first time they heard about the problem. Intetnet research indicates this had been a oroblem fir over a week. To top it iff when being transferred to another area to try and solve a oroblem no notes foliw you sobyou have to explain repeatededly. After 12 contacts i get informed they will make a ticket on it and / no ticket????  How many calks???  To add insult to injury they say they eill have someone call you back later today. 3 times- no call bsck. I could go on eith more but. Eed to callbagain. I am a nurse, have been very patient but I know they are just givingvavrun around.  All this and we still cant buy and activate a replacement phone. Thev myatt app just says sorry try later!! One would think withba software issue theyveould have a backup plan.... thatveasnt just give customers a run around. I did manage to getvtold it was a serious oroblem. No kidding! Ps. They made me take off  a bad word before i could post this! Told me I had to clean up my post. You guys ned to clean up your act!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

Why not just have someone who is an authorized user buy the phone?

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am experiencing the same issue. I cannot add an authorized user to our account and I have been trying to add one for ten days. I live an hour away from a member of our group who needs to replace his broken phone. I should be able to add him remotely. I've called almost daily, I tried to use the app, which tells me to "Visit us at your local AT&T store for help." I have visited an AT&T store (3) separate times and the manager couldn't help me. The most irritating thing is retelling the same story, giving the same info over and over and over and then they tell me I need to go to my AT&T store - transfer - repeat - does Kafka run customer service now? I received two "case numbers" but never a fix. If this has happened to you, give up. Both of you meet in the same store with photo ID. I made my colleague travel to the AT&T store closest to me.

• 

3 Messages

Resolved: AT&T thought we were fraudulently trying to purchase a new phone on the account. I went to the AT&T store 3 times with the bill, my photo ID and my cell to prove it was all above board and they COULD NOT HELP ME. It took both of us going to the same AT&T store with photo ID to solve this problem. Be prepared, it still took over an hour to process. We figured out that the “fraud” alert happened when I called AT&T to add an authorized user and the AT&T person spelled the name wrong: Ron instead of Juan. So, when Juan tried to purchase a phone on our account and his ID didn’t match “Ron” in the system, AT&T attached a “fraud” alert to our account. If I didn’t have 5 people on our group plan, I would switch carriers. There is NO compensation for the huge inconvenience.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am experiencing the same issue. I cannot add an authorized user to our account and I have been trying to add one for ten days. I live an hour away from a member of our group who needs to replace his broken phone. I should be able to add him remotely. I've called almost daily, I tried to use the app, which tells me to "Visit us at your local AT&T store for help." I have visited an AT&T store (3) separate times and the manager couldn't help me. The most irritating thing is retelling the same story, giving the same info over and over and over and then they tell me I need to go to my AT&T store - transfer - repeat - does Kafka run customer service now? I received two "case numbers" but never a fix. If this has happened to you, give up. Both of you meet in the same store with photo ID. I made my colleague travel to the AT&T store closest to me.

1 Message

3 days ago

I got the same error.  I got on the chat online and the agent added my authorized user for me.  Other than waiting for an agent for about 15 minutes it was not a problem.  So chat is the way to go if getting this error.  

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

3 days ago

@Chilled22 

Glad it worked for you. Though be cautious as the "chat" option on their website has not had a good track record lately (which includes their transcripts aren't intended to save to your account).

As thread is over 5 years ago (Feb 2019) it will be CLOSED.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.