Need help understanding your bill?
Teriwy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 27th, 2019 5:19 AM

Cancel acct in my name and go on my daughters account?

I have an acct in my name which includes my husbands and mother in laws phones, can I go on my daughters account taking my phone (pd off) and number and let my husband take over the account for him and his mother?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Teriwy YES.

By going to https://www.att.com/tobr and doing a Transfer of Billing Responsibility for your AT&T line to their AT&T account (if not AT&T then you'll need to port to AT&T).  The others on your plan will need to do the same for their lines, even just to put them in their name (do NOT leave in your name!).

A Transfer of Billing Responsibility changes the account ownership from one person to another. With the transfer, the new owner assumes responsibility for the account, monthly bill, and contract.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

You can. Initiate a transfer of billing responsibility for your line. Once your daughter accepts, she’ll have your number on her account. If your husband’s number isn’t the primary on the old account, he and his mom can do the same process with that account. 

Not that it is any of my business, but why not just add your daughter to your account?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Just to be clear, you aren’t canceling anything.  You are just shuffling phone lines to different accounts.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.