Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
S

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 8:46 PM

Can I use account credit to pay of my devices

I have 3 devices on my account with installment contracts, and have a large credit on my account.  Am I able to use the credit to pay off 2 of my devices?  I traded 3 phones in October when you were doing the free iPhone 11 with trade, and was told that I would receive monthly credit in the amount of the installment for each of the 3 devices.  It took 2 months for the credits to start for one of the devices, and after 8 months of calls and emails my account was credited for the full amount of the other 2 phones.  I'd like to use that credit to pay off those 2 devices.  Is this possible?

Thank you.

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

42K Messages

a month ago

No. Even if you could, one of the requirements for getting those credits is to stay on the installment plan to completion. I’m not sure what they would do since they’ve already given you credit but paying off the installment plan would invalidate the credits.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

I understand that I need to maintain the 30 month commitment and am not looking to get out of that.  I have the 3rd phone that would still remain under the installment contract, and am receiving the monthly credit on that device.  What I want is to lower my monthly bill to what it was supposed to be when I signed the contract.  

I have seen other messages on the subject that have responses from AT&T employees stating that the account credit can be used to payoff devices.  I just don't know where to go to get that done.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

42K Messages

a month ago

It’s definitely not doable online. If you try to pay off a device online, applying any account credit to the payoff is not an option. If it is doable, which I believe it is not, you would need a customer support agent to do it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question