Need help understanding your bill?
Claytonmu's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 31st, 2015 8:22 AM

Can I sell a phone on my AT&T NEXT plan?

Can I sell my phone thats on my AT&T NEXT plan? It is not paid off yet.  Can I sell it and still make the payments until its paid off? What happens if I miss a payment, does the person that has the phone get the phone shut off? Can I sell my phone to a company like uSell? 

Or am I stuck with the phone until its paid off?

I've tried searching about this and found confusion about this topic, I've seen some people say yes and some say no.

This post people are saying you can:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/can-i-sell-my-phone-on-at-amp-t-next-and-use-a-different-phone/td-p/4183727

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Jujutaylor97 wrote:

I've been having a problem bought 4 phones sg9 and 2 of them went to friends. They both agreed to pay their half of the bills. I'm only having problems with one friend. He hasn't paid his bill and hes running up a tab making Mobil purchases that's added to the bill. I went to a t an t to fix this issue they told me to black list the phone which I did but it still hasnt been turned off cuz the movil purchases keep going up! 

You may have blacklisted the phone, but I don't know that disables the mobile purchases. Did you actually cancel their line?

There are some settings for disabling mobile purchases in your account.

I've also tried to sell back my  2 phones to att and they wouldn't even allow that!!!!

Why would they want to buy back your used phones? (I assume you want full value and not the used trade in).

They wont even work with me , I'm never doing this again.

By "this", I hope you mean to trust someone you shouldn't trust. This is not an AT&T issue...

You should be taking this friend to small claims court.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My sister has a at@t Samsung galaxy s9 plus that she got right after her other one was lost so this one is a replacement and the s9 plus never got to be activated with a new contract sim card..   so could she just put a at@t monthly prepaid sim card in 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have a similar question. I have a brand new AT&T iPhone but it is financed. Can I just put a Cricket sim card in it and it'll work perfectly fine?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@john8732 Yes, a Cricket sim card will work in a phone still locked to ATT. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

@sandblasterThanks so much for the fast response!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Have a phone through att that is not payed off can I use a prepaid att sim card or straight talk sim card

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Newsome34 wrote:

Have a phone through att that is not payed off can I use a prepaid att sim card or straight talk sim card

Definitely a prepaid AT&T SIM.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have a very important question, so I recently left AT&T to sprint with a new phone and carried of course, but I still have the phone from the AT&T carrier which is under my dads account with them, and it is not fully paid off. Would there be any consequences if I sell the phone from AT&T to someone else ?

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

If I sell an old phone with same number and it is considered blacklisted, would it affect my current number with a new carrier?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.