Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Help for account, billing & more
DirtyCletus's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Nov 5, 2014 10:45 PM

Can I return phones?

My service with ATT was canceled due to me being behind on my bill. I was stuck with having to come up with two months of payments and before I could get it paid I was stuck with a 1500.00 bill. I have two phones using the Next program. I was wanting to know if I return the two phones would I be able to get some of the money taken off my bill. I have been with ATT for almost 15 years and I would like to continue service with them. But $1500 is to much to come up with. If I cant give the phones back what should I do with them. They are both in excellent shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

7 y ago

@DirtyCletus wrote:

My service with ATT was canceled due to me being behind on my bill. I was stuck with having to come up with two months of payments and before I could get it paid I was stuck with a 1500.00 bill. I have two phones using the Next program. I was wanting to know if I return the two phones would I be able to get some of the money taken off my bill. I have been with ATT for almost 15 years and I would like to continue service with them. But $1500 is to much to come up with. If I cant give the phones back what should I do with them. They are both in excellent shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you've had the phones for less than 14 days, you can return them under the "buyer's remorse" situation which allows you to return them for a small restocking fee, and to pay for the services used but that would be the limit of your responsibility.  If it was more than 14 days, then I'm afraid that your options are much more limited.  You might be able to sell them to someone else yourself, but generally, you are responsible for the purchase since you signed the purchase agreement.  If you get your service re-instated, you will probably find that the bill you have will not be $1500, but will be much less, because the $1500 would include the outstanding balance on your service bill plus the outstanding balance on the phone purchases using NEXT.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.