Friday, July 15th, 2016 11:26 PM

Can I get AT&T retention phone number..

Can I get AT&T retention phone number..
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62.1K Messages

6 years ago

@GotItHandled Well of course there is a direct number to retentions or anyone else in the company if you know it but since the number is not public, saying there is no direct number is essentially true. 

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

6 years ago

@GotItHandled wrote:

This is not true. There is a direct number to Retention. I know this for a fact because my daughter was given the number from an AT&T employee, and she used it successfully. She was asked not to give it out and has kept her promise. But, like anything else, if you know someone you can get it.

The problem with any carrier now is they all know we are addicted to our mobile phones. Most of us don't even have landlines any more. So this is no longer a situation where they have to make great deals in order to sell us their product/service. We want it, we need it, we pay for it.  In the beginning we continuously got free phones, then we moved on to $199 upgrades and now, they know they don't have to do anything like that so we're all paying full price plus tax, most of us in the $800-$1000 range, for a phone that's only going to last up to 3 years if we're lucky.  We did this to ourselves by becoming typical voracious consumers. Now we have to live with it. There are no more good deals around. You can check with any of the Carriers out there,  they're all the same. They will give you a "good" deal when you first sign up with them. That's just to get new business. After that initial deal is over you pay the same thing you pay everywhere else  and you get treated just like everyone else.  The only way to change it is to mutiny and give up what we all hold so dear,  our beloved phones. We can do it, many of us did it for many years before all of this mobile crap started. It's the old story of supply and demand.  When something is in great demand you pay through the nose and get no customer service. When it's not in such demand they start bending over backwards for you again. It's up to us to choose how we want to be treated. I gave up my phone last  year, and guess what? I'm doing just fine without it. 

You've always paid full price for "free" or "discounted" phones, it was just hidden within the cost of service instead. There's no such thing as a free lunch, as it were. 

Changing the pricing model makes it easier for the consumer to compare prices on phones purchased from sources other than the carriers, allowing more control for the customer. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

those provided numbers are horrible.  They direct you to first line support people in the Philippines who cannot address sophisticated customer care requests.  C'mon AT&T.  It is 2018.  Your customers do not have 1 hour to spend each and every time they call about simple issues.  You are really falling down when it comes to the customer experience.  I need to speak with a high ranking customer loyalty/retention person before I take the almost $5000 per year I pay AT&T (Uverse and Wireless accounts).

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

5 years ago

@dali7258 wrote:

those provided numbers are horrible.  They direct you to first line support people in the Philippines who cannot address sophisticated customer care requests.  C'mon AT&T.  It is 2018.  Your customers do not have 1 hour to spend each and every time they call about simple issues.  You are really falling down when it comes to the customer experience.  I need to speak with a high ranking customer loyalty/retention person before I take the almost $5000 per year I pay AT&T (Uverse and Wireless accounts).

Which is it? A sophisticated customer care request or a simple issue? 

What's the problem and we can try to help point you in the right direction?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

it should be simple but your rigid structure makes it complicated and frustrating. When speaking with my third person and having been on the phone for over 1 hour, I was offered to upgrade 2 of my wireless lines to iPhone 8s and then learned the X would be the same price at the 50% off promotion.  I was excited to accept this offer but I could not complete the call as I had commitments and could not spend anymore time on the phone (jeez, it is really exhausting when I call you). I was told I could call back anytime and consummate the offer.  

Of course I called back about 3 hours later and that offer had vanished and I was dealing with yet another overseas person that could not help resolve my issue and was only interested in trying to get me to take only 1 phone at the 50% offer ...oh, and now I had to add a line and/or sing up for DirectTV.  Are you kidding me?  Are these people trained on the same promotions?  I am a long time customer and pay almost $5000 per year between Uverse and Wireless.  I expect a better experience. If you can provide me the offer that was made for the 2 phones for 50% off I will procedd and stay with AT&T.  I will even consider migrating my Uverse Service to DirectTV if that is what it takes.  Thank you

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

it should be simple but your rigid structure makes it complicated and frustrating. When speaking with my third person and having been on the phone for over 1 hour, I was offered to upgrade 2 of my wireless lines to iPhone 8s and then learned the X would be the same price at the 50% off promotion.  I was excited to accept this offer but I could not complete the call as I had commitments and could not spend anymore time on the phone (jeez, it is really exhausting when I call you). I was told I could call back anytime and consummate the offer.  

Of course I called back about 3 hours later and that offer had vanished and I was dealing with yet another overseas person that could not help resolve my issue and was only interested in trying to get me to take only 1 phone at the 50% offer ...oh, and now I had to add a line and/or sing up for DirectTV.  Are you kidding me?  Are these people trained on the same promotions?  I am a long time customer and pay almost $5000 per year between Uverse and Wireless.  I expect a better experience. If you can provide me the offer that was made for the 2 phones for 50% off I will procedd and stay with AT&T.  I will even consider migrating my Uverse Service to DirectTV if that is what it takes.  Thank you

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

5 years ago

@dali7258 wrote:

Discounted phones always require adding a new line. The first "offer" you heard was not actually an offer at all; it was just incorrect. The offer for 50% off the iPhone X is only for customers in Los Angeles. https://www.att.com/deals/la-50-percent-off-iphone-x-deal.html

It sounds like you dodged a bullet by not being able to complete the purchase on the first call. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

• May I get the Retention Dept.'s ph. #

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.