Everyone gets our best deals on every smartphone - Black Friday gift deals are still here!
Need help understanding your bill?
Vinodc's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jul 15, 2016 11:26 PM

Can I get AT&T retention phone number..

Can I get AT&T retention phone number..
ipscone

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Nonsense! Bet I could walk into Verizon and say I left AT&T and ask what they could offer. Bet I could get a better deal than what AT&T are offering existing customers, WITHOUT giving up a phone.  Then, if and when Verizon pulled the same crap, go back to AT&T. Guaranteed!

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 years ago

@ipscone wrote:

Nonsense! Bet I could walk into Verizon and say I left AT&T and ask what they could offer. Bet I could get a better deal than what AT&T are offering existing customers, WITHOUT giving up a phone.  Then, if and when Verizon pulled the same crap, go back to AT&T. Guaranteed!

Of course; all carriers have certain incentives to get customers to switch. 

However, what you're looking for is AT&T to replace a phone that doesn't work, and no provider will do that. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.8K Messages

6 years ago

@ipscone wrote:

Please do that and come back and report how well it worked for you and whether it was worth the effort. Just make sure you research all the complaints on both provider's forums from all those folks that haven't gotten their free phone credits or switch credits. From all I've seen, switching carriers is usually a costly ordeal, maybe you'll be the exception.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago

@ipscone wrote:

So if you're willing to keep your phone and try a different carrier (who will have different coverage), why don't you talk to us and tell us your PLAN (not phone costs) and see if we can reccomend a better plan for you...

If you want assistance in maybe finding better pricing: 

• Tell us how much data you use combined,
  • how many lines you have,
  • if you have a FAN discount,
  • and what you're paying now (without phone costs and taxes).

And then see if we have any suggestions... (or at minimum, we might tell you that you're on an awesome plan).

ACE - Sage

• 

101.8K Messages

6 years ago

@ipscone wrote:

I am laughing.   Your deluded if you think Verizon will do squat to get your business.   I am former Verizon and still post on their forum and have approached them about going back because ATT service is sometimes marginal.  They don't care.  No deals other than advertised.  

They will literally tell you, we are Verizon, "we have the best service and don't need to offer you anything special. ".  You will get what their website offers and nothing more.

Consider the gauntlet thrown.   

Go educate yourself, you have been with ATT too long if you think it's any different out there, cause right now you have no idea.

The first bill alone will make you weep.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have never delt with such terrible customer service in my life. I have had an AT&T Account for almost two years now. I ONLY have internet. That's it. My monthly bill has been the same amount forever. $62. I am active duty military and am sometimes away from home for periods of time, so I have everything taken out  automatically. I recently have been overseas and came back to find that AT&T has been taking my money. My bills since Septmber 2016 have been completly inconsistant ranging from $104-$217 a month. When I tried chatting/calling they are not doing anything about it! They said they mailed me that my "promotion" had expired, and I've been overseas supporting this country! I never recieved anything! I wanted to talk to a supervisor and the lady Sonya employee ID: ST880X told me today that there is NO supervisor that works there today and there is NO ONE to transfer the call to, and that a supervisor would eventually call me back within 24/48 hours. Ridiculous! I do not have the time to deal with a rip-off from the company. I just can't believe this. If they do not re-imburse me for the money they stole from me I am for sure going to another company and possibly getting legal involved. 

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Kppiper14 wrote:

I have never delt with such terrible customer service in my life. I have had an AT&T Account for almost two years now. I ONLY have internet. That's it. My monthly bill has been the same amount forever. $62. I am active duty military and am sometimes away from home for periods of time, so I have everything taken out  automatically. I recently have been overseas and came back to find that AT&T has been taking my money. My bills since Septmber 2016 have been completly inconsistant ranging from $104-$217 a month. When I tried chatting/calling they are not doing anything about it! They said they mailed me that my "promotion" had expired, and I've been overseas supporting this country! I never recieved anything! I wanted to talk to a supervisor and the lady Sonya employee ID: ST880X told me today that there is NO supervisor that works there today and there is NO ONE to transfer the call to, and that a supervisor would eventually call me back within 24/48 hours. Ridiculous! I do not have the time to deal with a rip-off from the company. I just can't believe this. If they do not re-imburse me for the money they stole from me I am for sure going to another company and possibly getting legal involved. 

I don't know of any internet plan that would cost anywhere near $200 a month. I'm assuming your stateside now; have you looked at your bills to see exactly what has changed?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Att charged me 819$ after I went to att to see about getting a phone. I didn't even ask for service. I then called around 15 times, continuously being hung up on and transferred. Then they say there's nothing they can do. Now I have almost 1000$ in collections on my credit

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

" most people won't leave. It's easier to stay. It's work to do it "

Very true ...and I agree with "most." However, there are those of us who feel like this...

Sometimes it becomes "work" to stay with the company.
I've been a happy loyal customer to AT&T since 2007....until I began traveling internationally. So many issues I've had and not the typical ones like "overcharges."

Trying to solve these issues with representatives is extremely difficult as many of them don't have the knowledge or answers.

Therefore, having to constantly waste hours of my time on the phone with much confusion and headache....I'm tired of fighting and for the first time I'm "shopping around."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is not true. There is a direct number to Retention. I know this for a fact because my daughter was given the number from an AT&T employee, and she used it successfully. She was asked not to give it out and has kept her promise. But, like anything else, if you know someone you can get it.

The problem with any carrier now is they all know we are addicted to our mobile phones. Most of us don't even have landlines any more. So this is no longer a situation where they have to make great deals in order to sell us their product/service. We want it, we need it, we pay for it.  In the beginning we continuously got free phones, then we moved on to $199 upgrades and now, they know they don't have to do anything like that so we're all paying full price plus tax, most of us in the $800-$1000 range, for a phone that's only going to last up to 3 years if we're lucky.  We did this to ourselves by becoming typical voracious consumers. Now we have to live with it. There are no more good deals around. You can check with any of the Carriers out there,  they're all the same. They will give you a "good" deal when you first sign up with them. That's just to get new business. After that initial deal is over you pay the same thing you pay everywhere else  and you get treated just like everyone else.  The only way to change it is to mutiny and give up what we all hold so dear,  our beloved phones. We can do it, many of us did it for many years before all of this mobile crap started. It's the old story of supply and demand.  When something is in great demand you pay through the nose and get no customer service. When it's not in such demand they start bending over backwards for you again. It's up to us to choose how we want to be treated. I gave up my phone last  year, and guess what? I'm doing just fine without it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.