Everyone gets our best deals on every smartphone - Black Friday gift deals are still here!
Need help understanding your bill?
Vinodc's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jul 15, 2016 11:26 PM

Can I get AT&T retention phone number..

Can I get AT&T retention phone number..
MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 years ago

@ipscone wrote:

I just wish they would provide "service" to existing customers. They don't seem to even CARE about existing customers.  I have 8 devices. One of my phones doesn't work.  I tried to use a service plan and they said not covered. So I cancelled the service contract.

Then, another phone died, before the NEXT time was up, and they have NO WAY to resolve the problem.  Not even interested in talking about it.

I'm seriously considering moving to another carrier, just because I know at least they will get me working phones.

Phones are equipment that you own, so issues with the phones are not "AT&T's problem". Manufacturers offer a warranty that covers manufacturing defects for (usually) a year. AT&T offers some third party service plans and/or insurance that you can purchase if you'd like that cover problems with the phones. 

Any provider you go with will say the same thing. 

ipscone

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

[quote]

Phones are equipment that you own, so issues with the phones are not "AT&T's problem". Manufacturers offer a warranty that covers manufacturing defects for (usually) a year. AT&T offers some third party service plans and/or insurance that you can purchase if you'd like that cover problems with the phones. 

Any provider you go with will say the same thing. [/quote]

Not true. Many, if not most providers, would love to have my business and be willing to get me  a working phone at next to nothing cost, just to switch carriers. They do this all the time.

PLUS, AT&T Used to care.  That's why they had a "Customer Care" service.  Now, when you call, you get some $3/hr gal in the Philippines.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago

@ipscone wrote:

Not true. Many, if not most providers, would love to have my business and be willing to get me  a working phone at next to nothing cost, just to switch carriers. They do this all the time.

AT&T also does that for new customers. But it's the first one is free, then they have you. So it's mostly the same everywhere.  (Although, I think many of the deals require you turn in a working phone).

In September, AT&T got me a free iPhone 7 ($650 towards it) if I traded in my iPhone 6s (or 6).  My credits are showing up on the bill.  

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.8K Messages

6 years ago

@ipscone wrote:

[quote]

To get you to switch, maybe. But once you are with another carrier and your phone quits working, you will get the same response.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago

I really wish AT&T would just get rid of Next.

Then everyone would be complaining they don't have an interest-free purchase plan.

I think people might get that it's their phone if they weren't making payments to AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

101.8K Messages

6 years ago

@ipscone

Okay, let's say you switch to Verizon for the holiday sales.  

You still get stuck paying off the Next installment on the 2 phones that died.  The switch offer from all carriers require you turn in the phone you are paying for and it has to be in good cosmetic and working , then you have to buy a new one, in order to get your device payments reimbursed.  

So on the lines with broken phones you get nothing.  No trade in, no reimbursement.  And you still have to buy a new phone. 

So you get 8 new phones, go through the expense of switching, shell out sales tax on 8 new phones FULL RETAIL cost (not the promotional price) activation fees on 8 lines. 

And you think  you're mad Now?  

My advice...if you or someone you know has a costco membership go by a Moto pure edition and swap the SIM card out of the broken phone.    $219 for the holidays. 

Best Buy also has some low priced, high quality phones.  $150-250. 

You will pay twice that in activation fees and taxes alone if you switch.  

If you keep buying phones at $600-900 each and paying in monthly installments you are paying more for phones than for service.  That's nuts.  

An average of $25 a phone, that's $200 a month just on phones.  The people on my plan are all adults and have to pay full price for their phones.  

I pay for service only.  

None of my phones were purchased from ATT.  

Until we customers stop supporting the high prices charged by manufacturers and carriers we will continue to cry and stress over the bills.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago

@ipscone wrote:

One of my phones doesn't work.  I tried to use a service plan and they said not covered. So I cancelled the service contract.

What do you mean by SERVICE PLAN?

ACE - Sage

• 

101.8K Messages

6 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

I really wish AT&T would just get rid of Next.

YES! YES! YES! YES!   Or use manufacturer financing like Apple and Google!!!!!!!

We might see a couple other unpleasant things end too - carrier bloat ware and waiting half a year for software updates.  

I think it will happen, but I think it's years away.  I converted.  My sister's family and a couple friends have caught on too.  I mean I really preach anti-Next/debt/carrier phones. 

Then everyone would be complaining they don't have an interest-free purchase plan.

Apple and google both offer interest free financing.  But I think it's time customers paid full price up front.   I know it's un American to be out of debt, but try it, it's liberating. 

I think people might get that it's their phone if they weren't making payments to AT&T.

Fingers crossed

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 I really don't have a problem with Next OTHER than people don't understand that they purchased the phone, they aren't leasing it or anything like that, they bought it ("charged it") and now owe money on it. 

ACE - Sage

• 

101.8K Messages

6 years ago

@Gary L  

Yes.  ATT doesn't make phones folks!   Never have!   

All carriers want to make it clear the phones are not their responsibility,  but they keep drawing fuzzy lines.   Stop stamping ATT on the outside and putting ATT apps on the inside like (gasp) T-mobile.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.