Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Keyrat's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 6th, 2014 7:36 PM

CALL DETAIL REPORT FOR MY AT&T LANDLINE

I need to obtain my call detail report (itemized calls) for my landline for one day in August 2014   It's not available online.  I'm getting conflicting information.  One person in AT&T subpoena compliance says I can get my own call detail online (obviously wrong).  Another says I have to subpoena my own records --- which seems nonsensical in that there is no pending case (civil or criminal).  Subpoenas cannot be issued in Florida without there being a pending case over which the court exercises jurisdiction to enforce the subpoena.  I don't want to sue anyone or pay a filing fee of $410 to do so either; and who would I want to sue anyway?  No one.  What is Plan B?  Certainly AT&T has some provision for making a customer's own calls available to the customer without litigation or a criminal prosecution.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Keyrat wrote:

I need to obtain my call detail report (itemized calls) for my landline for one day in August 2014   It's not available online.  I'm getting conflicting information.  One person in AT&T subpoena compliance says I can get my own call detail online (obviously wrong).  Another says I have to subpoena my own records --- which seems nonsensical in that there is no pending case (civil or criminal).  Subpoenas cannot be issued in Florida without there being a pending case over which the court exercises jurisdiction to enforce the subpoena.  I don't want to sue anyone or pay a filing fee of $410 to do so either; and who would I want to sue anyway?  No one.  What is Plan B?  Certainly AT&T has some provision for making a customer's own calls available to the customer without litigation or a criminal prosecution.

Long distance calls are itemized and should be available on your bill. Local calls (if you have an unlimited local line) are not and I've not heard of any way to get detail without a court order.

Why are you needing the information?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I'm looking for documentation of a toll free 800 number I called to a cable/satellite TV provider on 8/23/2014 - -  and ideally the time and duration of the call.   The provider flatly denies I called them.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Keyrat wrote:

I'm looking for documentation of a toll free 800 number I called to a cable/satellite TV provider on 8/23/2014 - -  and ideally the time and duration of the call.   The provider flatly denies I called them.

If they don't take your word, they aren't going to believe a bill you produce, either.

If it's a legal issue, contact your attorney.

If not, don't waste any more time with it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.